- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 16 | Next photo
Reggio Emilia, ItalyEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Hotel Posta
Centrally located in historic Reggio Emilia, opulent Hotel Posta has been welcoming visitors for over 500 years.
Situated between the city's largest and most beautiful public squares of Piazza del Duomo and Piazza del Monte, Hotel Posta puts guest in the center of teeming Reggio Emilia. The hotel's architectural splendor and rich past are evident in the period furniture and rich fabrics found in each of the 38 rooms. Stroll the Liberty-style halls; admire 15th century frescoes and intricately patterned tile work or retreat to the reading room for some peace and quiet. The hotel provides complimentary bike rentals and houses a small, yet fully equipped fitness room. Make sure to plan for an after dinner drink at the ornate bar, which is adorned with hand-painted cherubs and gilded-edge mirrors.
Ask the concierge to arrange a visit to nearby farmhouses and restaurants to taste local wines and balsamic vinegars.
Stroll downtown for shopping in one of the numerous food stores stocked with locally produced specialties.
Arrive at Bologna's Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ), which is approximately 43 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 50 minutes of travel time.Piazza del Monte 2, Reggio Emilia, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Fitness Center
- Bicycle Rental
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Internet Point
- Laundry Service
- Reading Room
- Business Services
- Air Conditioning
- Heating System
- Flat-Panel TVs
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- En-suite Bathrooms
- Hair Dryers
- In-Room Safes
- Mini Bars
- Snack Bar
- All hotel taxes and hotel fees
- 2-person occupancy
- Breakfast each morning
Why We Love Reggio Emilia
Famous for homemade pasta, wine, balsamic vinegar and (naturally) Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, the city is steeped in old world history studded with stunning buildings that date back to the 16th and 17th centuries.
Via Roma, 37/b, Reggio Emilia.
Dinner for two from $65.
Where to Drink: Belly up to the solid oak bar at Birreria Aloisius to wash down dinner with a strong brew. Take your pick from a large selection (ranging from Doppelbock to IPA) featuring mainly potent Belgian ales and frothy German wheat beers available bottled or on tap.
Via Mafalda di Savoia Assia 4, Reggio Emilia.
Best Day Trip: The Archaeological Museum in Brescello, a quaint town along the Po river about 20 miles to the north, is a great way to spend an afternoon learning about the regional history of Reggio Emilia. Free admission.
Inside the San Benedetto Cultural Center, Via Cavallotti, 37, Brescello.
Outdoor Excursion: Don't leave Reggio Emilia without visiting the Parco del Popolo, the public gardens in historic city center boasts centuries-old trees, finely chiseled statues and tranquil walking paths. Free admission.
Between Viale Isonzo and Via L. Nobili, Reggio Emilia.
Why Go Now
March 19 - 23, 2014
The event opens cuttlefish season and includes a traditional market (along with tasty bites), musical events and shows.
Piazza Unità, Pinarella.
March 28 - 30, 2014
Exhibition of skill accompanied by tempting samplings by chocolate master craftspeople is an event to enjoy and taste.
Milano Marittima City Center, Viale Gramsci.
April 24 - May 4, 2014
International Kite Festival
Most original kites from around the globe, a spectacular night flight and musical entertainment each evening.