- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Vuyani Safari Lodge, Moditlo Private Game Reserve, South Africa
- The Liaison Capitol Hill, Washington, District of Columbia
- Hotel Jerome, an Auberge Resort, Aspen, Colorado
- Casas del XVI, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- The Landings St. Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia, BWI
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
1 of 16 | Next photo
Kamandalu Resort and Spa
Bali, IndonesiaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Kamandalu Resort and Spa
At this secluded jungle resort in Bali, Indonesia, located in the low, tropical mountains outside of Ubud, villas with modern amenities are designed with grass thatched roofs, whitewashed walls, and stone-paved pathways, evoking a traditional Balinese village.
The private setting alone—a scenic hillside among lush rice fields and tropical valleys—is enticing enough for travelers looking for a relaxing or romantic getaway. To sweeten the pot, the intimate property offers 54 individually designed villas that range from one-bedroom spaces with garden views to two-bedroom villas and private pools. At the main pool, guests can swim up to the bar and enjoy canapés and cocktails. Or, head to the spa for a treatment based on Balinese rituals using local spa products made daily. Located right outside of Ubud, a village known as an artisans' haven in Bali, Kamandalu makes a great jumping-off point for shopping, culture, and food tours, as well as outdoor adventure opportunities including whitewater rafting, kayaking, or surfing. The resort offers complimentary transportation throughout the day to central Ubud, and guests can sign up for guided trips throughout the rest of the island.
Upgrade to a Pool Villa and enjoy "de Village Club" services, such as complimentary afternoon cocktails, in-villa breakfast, afternoon tea, and a 5 percent discount at the Kamandalu gift store.
Bali is particularly peaceful, and cool, in the early morning. If jet lag already has you waking up at 6 a.m., sign up for a Misty Morning Hours Tour and take in Bali's quiet scenery on a hike, followed by a walk around Ubud.
Arrive at Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS), which is approximately 25 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 1 hour of travel time.Jalan Andong, Banjar Nagi, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Spa on Property
- Outdoor Pool
- Separate Kids Pool
- Game Room
- Shuttle Service
- Tour Desk
- Gift Shop
- Currency Exchange
- Cooking Classes
- Jogging Track
- Private Courtyards
- Private Pools
- Four-Poster Beds
- Flat-Panel Televisions
- Coffee + Tea
- Mini Bars
- In-Room Safes
- Hair Dryers
- Wireless Internet
- Air Conditioning
- In-Villa Dining
- Swim-Up Bar
- 2-person occupancy in Pool Villa and Deluxe Pool Villa
- 4-person occupancy in 2-Bedroom Pool Villa
- Breakfast each morning
- Welcome drink, cold towel and floral leis upon arrival
- Scheduled shuttle service to Ubud center
- Free Wi-Fi internet access in room and public area
- 1 Set Dinner OR Set Lunch per stay
Why We Love Bali
You won't be able to help but count your blessings in blissed-out Bali, where sugar-white sands and unearthly tranquility make for a serenely sweet escape.
Jl Tegal Sari No 2.
Lunch for two $12.
Best Local Art: Take a day trip to Tenganan, Bali's oldest village, and stop at Indigo Art Shop to see artists on a loom using a very rare method called double ikat. The valuable wraps are used in traditional Balinese ceremonies.
Tenganan, Pegringsingan, Amlapura.
Top Shopping: Sisi sells creative handmade bags, while Dot is known for housewares (decorated doorstops, baskets, and kitchen tools), and Amplop is the spot to pick up woven hats, antique lanterns, and canvas walking shoes.
Why Go Now
December 17, 2013
Pura Dalem Bentuyung Temple Ceremony
For temple ceremonies or odalan the place of worship is dressed up in colorful cloths and intricate trays of food offerings are left in honor of the deity.
Pura Dalem Bentuyung, Ubud.
December 28 - 31, 2013
March 30, 2014
Hari Raya Nyepi
On Balinese New Year's eve towns and villages are spick-and-span and celebrations are loud and rambunctious to scare away evil.
Across the island.