- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 19 | Next photo
Cancún, MexicoEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Live Aqua
Live Aqua adds a dash of urban chic and Zen-like chill in the midst of boisterous Cancún.
When Live Aqua reopened in 2008 (it had less than a year's false start before 2005's Hurricane Wilma plowed through), it proved the Cancún scene could handle a new breed of upscale alternative hotel—and in November 2010, it went all-inclusive. The staff puts a lot of work into maintaining a chill, anti-stress vibe, from the spa to the meditation bells or mini Japanese gardens left in your room at turndown to the pervasive aromatherapy—in public spaces, guest rooms, and the sense garden. The 371 rooms are modern and minimalist, done in neutral tones and natural materials to enhance the relaxation without competing with the Caribbean blue views from the balcony. There are three celebrity chef-helmed restaurants (one each by Michelle Bernstein, Franco Maddalozzo, and Martha Ortiz) and eight swimming pools—plus the beach. (The hotel itself offers no water sports, but can set you up with local outfitters.)
The 29 Aqua Club deluxe rooms on the fifth floor share with the hotel's suites access to an exclusive lounge with nibbles, books, and honor bar; a private pool and bar; and other perks.
Tai chi sessions, 10-minute foot massages by the pool, and other basic spa services are free, but it is worth paying a bit extra for the spa's more elaborate offerings, ranging from yoga classes and Watsu floating massages to Mayan-inspired treatments and traditional temazcal sweats.
Awards and RecognitionsBack to Top
"The water is so ridiculously turquoise, and the beach so absurdly white that the view never fails to induce goosebumps..."
- Houston Magazine
Arrive at Cancún International Airport (CUN), which is approximately 15 miles (25 minutes) from the resort.Boulevard Kukulkán Km 12.5, Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Spa on Property
- Beach Club
- 8 Pools
- Pool Cabanas
- Pool Wait Service
- Fitness Center
- Tennis Courts
- Multilingual Staff
- Business Center
- Meeting Rooms
- Tai Chi
- Flat-Panel Televisions
- DVD Players
- iPod Docks
- Luxury Linens
- Luxury Bath Amenities
- Hair Dryers
- In-Room Safes
- Mini Bar
- Coffee Makers
- Irons + Ironing Boards
- 3 Restaurants
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Wine Bar
- All hotel taxes, hotel fees and gratuities
- 2-person occupancy
- Unlimited meals featuring Celebrity Chefs and gourmet snacks
- Non-alcoholic and premium alcoholic beverages (brands such as Don Julio, Havana, Absolut, Tanqueray, JW Black Label, Martell V.S.)
- 24-hour Room Service
- In-room Mini-Bar with beverages and snacks
- Local and international phone calls included (To Mexico, USA and Canada, landlines only no cell phones)
- State of the art fitness center
- Free WiFi and access to “B-on” media center with computers and printers
- Recreational activities and entertainment for adults, teens and children
- Tennis court access
Stay 5 or more nights and receive Luxury Round Trip airport transportation, $100 USD Spa Credit and $100 USD Resort Credit.
[Transportation conditions: Airport to Hotel to Airport for 1-5 people, must be arranged directly with the Hotel at least 72 hours prior to arrival, no refunds for unused transportation, alternative transportation will not be credited to the guest under any circumstance.
Spa Credit conditions: Spa credit to be used on Spa treatments only.
Resort Credit conditions: Resort credit is applicable as $50 USD on Food and Beverages upgrades and $50 USD on Room Upgrades, unused Resort Credit will not be credited back to the guest.]
Why We Love Cancún
White-sand beaches and white-hot nightlife. Whether you seek peace or the party, captivating Cancún has something for you.
Authentic Dining: Mercado 23. For a break from the resort's three upscale eateries and for a taste of real Mexican food, catch the bus into downtown Cancún and peruse the food stalls and seafood restaurants of Mercado 23. Bounded by Cedro, Jabin, Jabin 9, and Ciriote, just southwest of the intersection of Avenue Tulum and Avenue Chichen Itzá.
Best Cocktails: AKA. Honestly? Don't bother leaving the hotel. Its signature AKA wine and mescal bar is under the guidance of one of the world's top sommeliers and mixologists, Steven "The Wine Geek" Olson—Food Network star, wine and spirits consultant for Bon Appétit, and serial award-winner. Suitably loosened up, you can then head to Egos, the hotel's party lounge, to groove to DJ-spun tunes.
Top Shopping: La Isla Shopping Mall. Right across the street from Live Aqua, upscale La Isla shopping mall is threaded with canals and little bridges à la Venice. It has more than 200 boutiques—ranging from international brands to a showcase for Mexican artist Sergio Bustamante—many restaurants, a disco, movie theaters, and an aquarium. Read More
Why Go Now
March 2-9, 2011
Carnival in Cancún
All around Cancún
March 21, 2011
May 25-29, 2011
Cancún Art and Cultural Festival
All around Cancún April 29 - May 3, 2014
Akumal Comedy Festival
Free comedy festival featuring over a dozen professional comedians from the United States and Canada performing seven shows in four distinct venues.
Akumal, Quintana Roo.
May 23 - 25, 2014
Sacred Mayan Journey
Recreating the pilgrimage of the ancient Maya to worship the Goddess lxChel, canoeists in traditional vessels race from Xcaret Park to Cozumel, a 17- mile journey.
Xcaret, Cozumel and Playa del Carmen.