- La Placencia Resort, Placencia Village, Belize
- Le Montrose Suites West Hollywood, Los Angeles, California
- Deep Blue, Providencia Island, Colombia
- Belmond El Encanto, Santa Barbara, California
- Villa del Palmar Cancun, Playa Mujeres (Cancún), Mexico
- Laluna, Saint George's, Grenada
1 of 11 | Next photo
Locanda dei Mai Intees
Azzate, ItalyEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Locanda dei Mai Intees
Explore Italy's northern lakes region with this restored 15th-century villa as your base. Trump cards include a well-regarded cooking school and a restaurant popular with locals.
Situated in the small town of Azzate, this former medieval settlement-turned-hotel has 12 individually designed rooms outfitted with antique touches—Oriental rugs, original marble bathrooms—as well as modern amenities such as flat-screen TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi. Elsewhere on the property, guests find 15th-century frescoes and lush courtyards and gardens. At the hotel's restaurant, once a chemist's shop, Chef Paolo serves up hearty Italian fare like sausage ravioli and baked yellow risotto, while the former post office serves as an intimate bar. For a special occasion, reserve the private dining room, complete with an antique fireplace.
Go to the top of the hotel's tower for views of Lake Varese and the Lombardy Alps.
Arrive at Malpensa Airport (MXP), which is approximately 15 miles (35 minutes) from the hotel.Via Monte Grappa, 22, Azzate, Lombardy, Italy
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Spa Services
- Cooking Classes
- Wine Tasting
- Antique Furniture
- Flat-Panel Televisions
- Marble Bathrooms
- Mini Bar
- In-Room Safe
- Wireless Internet
- Dining Room
- Private Dining
- Wine Cellar
- All hotel taxes and hotel fees
- 2-person occupancy in Classic & Superior Rooms
- 2-person occupancy in Junior Suite & Suite (up to 2 children may stay in these rooms - €45 per child per night payable to hotel upon arrival)
- Continental breakfast each morning
Why We Love Azzate
Quaint. Quiet. And quintessentially Italian.With lake views that will take your breath away.
Top Shopping: FoxTown. Head here for upscale shops and outlets, including Valentino and Burberry, just across the border in the nearby town of Mendrisio, Switzerland. Via A Maspoli 18, Mendrisio.
Best Dining: Da Annetta. Open since 1928, this rustic-yet-elegant restaurant in Azzate offers a seasonally inspired menu and more than 500 types of wine. Via Fe 25, Varese.
Why Go Now
Last week of June
Festival of San Giovanni
August 3-13, 2011
International Film Festival