- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
1 of 14 | Next photo
The Stafford London
London, United KingdomEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At The Stafford London
This historic London property in St. James's offers easy access to city landmarks, including Buckingham Palace.
Tucked away on one of the gas-lit streets of the St. James's district, this historic hotel is walking distance to London landmarks, including Green Park and Buckingham Palace. Each of the three buildings offers unique charms: The Victorian-style Main House was recently renovated, while rooms in the Carriage House are especially cozy, with wood beams that date to the 19th century, when the property was the residence of Lord and Lady Lyttelton (a former governess to the Royal Family). The Mews—a 2007 addition—are set up more like modern apartments. All buildings share the Lyttleton Restaurant, where travelers order rustic British fare (Elwy Valley lamb chops; smoked haddock) or take afternoon tea by the fireplace.
The Stafford's master sommelier, Gino Nardella, leads wine tastings that include pours from some of the cellar's best bottles, including a 1961 Château Lafite Rothschild (tastings from $65).
Aside from the fitness room on site, guests get complimentary access to nearby Third Space, one of London's best fitness centers and spas.
Arrive at London Heathrow International Airport (LHR) which is approximately 18 miles from the hotel. Anticipate between 35 and 60 minutes of travel time depending on traffic.16-18 Saint James's Place, London, United Kingdom
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- 24-hour Concierge
- Fitness Room
- Limousine Service
- Laundry Service
- Complimentary Shoe Shine
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Air Conditioning
- Satellite TV
- Bose™ Radio
- US+UK Power Sockets
- Luxury Bath Amenities
- In-room Safes
- American Bar
- Afternoon Tea
- Wine Cellars
- In-room Dining
- Al Fresco Dining (seasonal)
- Maximum occupancy in the Classic Queen and Classic King is 2 adults + 1 child under 2
- Maximum occupancy in the Deluxe King and Junior Suite is 2 adults + 1 child up to 12 years
- Complimentary upgrade to next room category, subject to availability on arrival
- Continental breakfast each morning
- Bottled water
- Access to the In House Gym and Third Space
- Complimentary WiFi
Why We Love London
London's millennial resurgence has resulted from a blend of clear-eyed preservation, savvy reinvention, and bold innovation. Perhaps that's because behind all the novelty, the London that always was endures, unperturbed by these curious new arrivals, or just slightly bemused.
Where to Eat: Quo Vadis, the clubby Soho landmark, has stepped up tenfold since chef Jeremy Lee took over last year. Lee's smoked-eel sandwich, served on grilled sourdough bread with pickled onions and creamy horseradish, is fantastic.
26-29 Dean St., Soho.
Dinner for two $60.
Best Day Trip: Drive to Bath, roughly 100 miles west of London, to see the city's namesake abbey, a medieval church dating to 1499. If weather permits, stop at the Roman Baths Museum for a dip in Britain's only natural hot springs.
Why Go Now
March 22-23, 2013
For a taste of the UK's favorite spirit, go to The Honourable Artillery Company where whiskey distillers and aficionados gather for an annual festival—tastings included.
The Honourable Artillery Company, City Road.
April 15-17, 2013
London Book Fair
Each year, publishers descend on Earl's Court in hopes of showcasing their latest successes. Seminars and lectures are open to the public.
Earls Court Exhibition Center, Warwick Road.
June 24-July 7, 2013
Federer, Nadal, Murray: you'll find them all here, competing for a trophy in tennis' oldest Grand Slam event. Same-day seats are often available.
$650 per ticket.