- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Vuyani Safari Lodge, Moditlo Private Game Reserve, South Africa
- The Liaison Capitol Hill, Washington, District of Columbia
- Hotel Jerome, an Auberge Resort, Aspen, Colorado
- Casas del XVI, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- The Landings St. Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia, BWI
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Currently no upcoming sales
No detail is forgotten at Lake Okareka Lodge (there's even a baby grand piano). 1 of 12 | Next photo
Lake Okareka Lodge by lebua
Lake Okareka, New ZealandEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Lake Okareka Lodge by lebua
This schist-stone-and-timber New Zealand resort provides travelers with a tranquil, cozy retreat on the edge of the North Island's Lake Okareka, but with easy access to the highlights of historic Rotorua.
It would be tough to identify that one knockout detail that makes this lodge stand out. True, its remote location (accessible by helicopter and private ferry) on a peninsula jutting into fern-fringed Lake Okareka offers unequaled vistas across the rich blue waters and of towering Mount Tarawera. And the well-appointed furnishings in the three spacious suites—with their unique color palettes, hand-carved dark wood desks, silk-upholstered chaise lounges, and flat-screen TVs—provide an elegant yet homelike quality. But when push comes to shove, our money would be on the staff, whose razor-sharp service is delivered with that relaxed cheery warmth for which Kiwis are known around the globe.
Request chef David Robinson's grilled rack of local lamb with eggplant ravioli to be served outdoors on the lodge's waterside terrace (and be sure to pair it with a 2001 Morton Estate Syrah from the expansive climate-controlled cellar).
Spot paradise ducks and kingfishers while strolling the 3.5-mile Okareka Walkway for an unparalleled look at the area's unique wetlands.
Arrive at New Zealand's Rotorua Airport (ROT), which is approximately 15 minutes from the lodge. The lodge offers roundtrip transfers, which are included in the rate.103 Acacia Road, Lake Okareka, Rotorua, New Zealand
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Private House
- 3 Suites
- 24-Hour Butler
- 24-Hour Concierge
- Private Jetty
- Private Beaches
- Breakfast Room
- Dining Room
- Living Room
- Baby Grand Piano
- Massage Room
- Fitness Studio
- Outdoor Whirlpool
- Babysitting Service
- Private Balconies
- Lake Views
- Sitting Areas
- Flat-Panel Televisions
- iPod Docks
- DVD Players
- Music Systems
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- Bvlgari Bath Amenities
- Wireless Internet Access.
- Personal Chef
- Private Dining
- Meals prepared by a personal chef
- 24-hour butler service
- Wireless Internet access
- Use of recreational equipment
- Transfers to/from Rotorua Airport
Book 5 or more nights and receive a $500 credit toward activities and excursions (fly-fishing, skydiving, spa, etc.)!
Why We Love Lake Okareka
In the heart of New Zealand's gorgeous North Island, views of Lake Rotorua simply take our breath away.
Top Restaurant: The kitchen at Bistro 1284, a popular downtown spot, is known for carving the most tender beef and lamb dishes in town. 1284 Eruera St.; 011-64-7-346-1284; dinner for two $100.
Best Cocktail Spot: Local hot spot Seismic offers an inventive drinks list; a resident DJ performs every Friday. 1158 Whakaue St.; 011-64-7-348-2082; drinks for two $20.
Best Spa: At the Polynesian Spa, 26 hot mineral pools and a lengthy treatment menu including manuka honey-based scrubs combine to make this the spot in a city known as Nature's Spa of the South Pacific. 1000 Hinemoa St.; 011-64-7-346-1284; treatments from $64.