- Castello di Casole, Tuscany, Italy
- Oxygen Jungle Villas, Uvita, Costa Rica
- Sofitel Hotel Moorea, Moorea, French Polynesia
- SLS Hotel South Beach, Miami South Beach, Florida
- Sublime Samana, Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Cannes, Cannes, France
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Infinity-edge pool (and infinite horizons) at Bella Vista. 1 of 18 | Next photo
Punta Leona, Costa RicaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Bella Vista
Guests at Costa Rica's Bella Vista—a fully staffed, ultra-private home overlooking the Pacific—enjoy carte blanche access to the amenities at nearby Punta Leona Hotel & Club.
Unless you have a live-in chef, views of dolphins from your bedroom, and 750 acres of rainforest at your doorstep, this six-bedroom Pacific coast villa is better than a home-away-from-home. All 8,000 square feet of contemporary stone, hardwoods, and furniture are yours: kitchen, indoor-outdoor living rooms, infinity pool and hot tub, bedrooms with ocean-view balconies, and the constant soundtrack of the pounding waves mixed with calls from monkeys and macaws—all just a 45-minute drive from San Jose, thanks to the region's new highway. It's an idyllic escape: days can be spent deep-sea fishing, surfing, or lounging on one of the country's few white-sand beaches.
Brush up on your español: the gated community of Punta Leona may be the Malibu of Costa Rica, but it's not yet overrun by foreign tourists.
A small price to pay for the seclusion at Bella Vista is relative isolation, so it's wise to rent a set of wheels.
Arrive at Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO), which is approximately 52 miles (1 hour 15 minutes) from Bella Vista.Punta Leona, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- 8000 Square Feet
- 6 Bedrooms
- 11 Balconies + Terraces
- Full Staff
- Ocean Views
- Floor-To-Ceiling Windows
- Infinity-Edge Pool
- Indoor + Outdoor Whirlpools
- Living Room
- Dining Room
- Full Kitchen
- Private Chef
- Full Kitchen
- Welcome basket with wine & snacks
- Local maps
- Local newspaper
Why We Love Punta Leona
Supreme seclusion and absolutely stunning beaches.
Wildlife Spotting: Traverse canyons and wend through treetops during a zip-line wildlife tour of the rainforest with Jaco Big Canopy Tours to see spider monkeys, sloths, even scarlet macaws. Tours from $65. 011/506-2643-6428
Adventure Excursion: A boat trek down the winding Tárcoles River with Jungle Crocodile Safari brings travelers up close to the sunning reptiles—some of which are up to 20 feet long. Guides will even steer the vessel into waist-high waters and hand feed the crocodiles. Tours from $30. 011/506-2236-6473. Read More
Why Go Now
Museo Del Oro Precolumbiano
This two-story museum, built beneath the shady Plaza de la Cultura in downtown San Jose, is known for its well-regarded collection of Pre-Columbian artifacts and jewelry.
San Jose. 011-506-2243-4202 Admission $9.
National Orchid Show
Over 1500 local and foreign species and hybrids on display make for a spectacular event. San José.
March 15-25, 2012
International Arts Festival
174 participants display their wares in design, craft and visual arts. Good to know: Exhibition Road museums, and galleries are open from 1st March.
April 11, 2012
Juan Santamaría Day
This day commemorates Costa Rica's national hero—a barefoot soldier who heroically died in the battle with William Walker's troops in 1856. Week long celebrations, bands parades, concerts and dances.
Throughout Costa Rica.
- Size: 8000 square feet
- Bedding: 4 kings + 1 queen
- Maximum Occupancy: 8
- Features: 8000 Square Feet. 5 Bedrooms. 7 Balconies + Terraces. Concierge. Full Staff. Ocean Views. Floor-To-Ceiling Windows. Infinity-Edge Pool. Indoor + Outdoor Whirlpools. Living Room. Dining Room. Full Kitchen.