- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 15 | Next photo
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Palm Beach, FloridaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Right in the heart of Palm Beach—just a few blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and legendary Worth Avenue—the Chesterfield delivers a bit of English charm mixed with sand and sea.
Registered with the Palm Beach Preservation Foundation as a historic landmark, the Chesterfield's iconic white building has been used as a hotel since 1926. After a series of name changes—it was originally called the Lido-Venice—the property was dubbed the Chesterfield in 1989 when it was purchased by the U.K.-based Red Carnation chain. The hotel certainly has a British feel—particularly in public spaces such as the Churchill Cigar Room, where you can enjoy a smoke straight from the well-stocked humidor—but it's truly pure Palm Beach, attracting Lilly Pulitzer-clad guests during both high and low season. Many of the 52 rooms are dressed in chintz and tartan and paired with modern streamlined furniture, and there's a lush outdoor courtyard that's a lovely place for a crisp Cobb salad with locally grown beefsteak tomatoes and a signature Courtyard pink martini. It feels more like a British estate than, say, an Art Deco hotel in South Beach—and that's just how travelers like it.
Spend cocktail hour in the bar area of Leopard's Lounge, where live musicians perform every night of the week.
Although it's not a resort, the Chesterfield's proximity to the town's always-quiet beach—just three blocks away—makes a sunset walk along the ocean hard to resist, and the hotel provides chairs and towels in case you want to take a break on the sand.
Awards and RecognitionsBack to Top
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World
Award of Distinction
- Wine Enthusiast
Recognized Historic Landmark
- Palm Beach Preservation Foundation
Arrive at Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), which is approximately 5 miles (15 minutes) from the hotel.363 Cocoanut Row, Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- 24-Hour Concierge
- Pet Friendly
- Marble Bathrooms
- Luxury Toiletries
- Satellite Television
- In-Room Movies
- Turndown Service
- Air Conditioning
- Al Fresco Dining
- Afternoon Tea
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Live Entertainment
- 2-adult + 1-child (under 12) occupancy
- Fruit plate upon arrival
Why We Love Palm Beach
Lush and elegant, Palm Beach is not only the ultimate winter resort, but lives up to expectations year-round with its glamorous modern beach lifestyle.
Where to Shop: Worth Avenue offers all the glitzy, global brands you'd expect, but locals head to Antique Row in West Palm Beach for vintage finds. Elephant's Foot is a favorite for its selection of English designs, from small tortoiseshell boxes to large ornate armoires. 561/832-0170.
Where to Eat: For 30 years, Café L'Europe has earned a loyal local following for its French-inspired dishes such as Escargots Bourguignonne Napoleon. Dinner for two $180. 561/655-4020.
Local Scene: With its sleek design and inventive small plates, you might expect Buccan to be in Barcelona instead of Palm Beach. It's a unique spot for a glass of rosé and a plate of fried zucchini flowers after a day in the sun. Dinner for two $100. 561/833-3450.
Why Go Now
Thursday nights in the summer
Clematis by Night
A free weekly concert series that's particularly popular with local families in the off-season at Centennial Square in West Palm Beach
June 14, 2014
Craft Beer Festival & Burger Bash
Try more than 50 varieties of craft beer, cider plus good ole' summer time fun burgers. Browse stalls at the vendor village and listen to live tunes.
PGA National Resort & Spa.
July 4 - 6, 2014
Fourth on Flagler
Bring the entire family for a supersized Independence Day celebration. An entire weekend of food, fun, cold drinks, music and more.
Flagler + Clematis Ave., Downtown West Palm Beach.