- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Vuyani Safari Lodge, Moditlo Private Game Reserve, South Africa
- The Liaison Capitol Hill, Washington, District of Columbia
- Hotel Jerome, an Auberge Resort, Aspen, Colorado
- Casas del XVI, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- The Landings St. Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia, BWI
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
1 of 15 | Next photo
Grove Isle Hotel & Spa
Coconut Grove, FloridaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Grove Isle Hotel & Spa
Set on a 20-acre island off the northern end of Coconut Grove, Miami's historic arts community, this elegant palm-lined boutique hotel—operated by Grand Heritage, which also has the Providence Biltmore in Rhode Island—offers spectacular views of Biscayne Bay and is a favorite getaway for the romantically minded.
A four-acre complex on the northern tip of Grove Isle, this hotel is a true refuge, the polar opposite of hectic South Beach—though it's only a 15-minute drive away. It's also a thoughtful property, attuned to the soothing waters of Biscayne Bay: some of the 50 spacious rooms, done up in shades of cocoa brown and plantation green, have raised platforms for beds allowing for optimum views. And this is a dog-friendly hotel, winner of the CESAR Five Dog Bone Award: dogs love to scamper around the walking path and the beach area. Naturally, The Spa at Grove Isle is also blessed with relaxing water views, including a yoga deck on the water. The energetic can take a Pilates class, swim laps in the bay-front pool, or play tennis at the Patrick McEnroe Tennis Center on one of 11 Har-Tru soft courts or the U.S. Open hard court. And at night, Gibraltar—with a fire pit, torches, and a soft breeze—is a truly romantic setting.
Dogs, aside from being welcome in the rooms at Grove Isle, can dine alfresco at the Pool Bar restaurant, alongside guest tables. Grove Isle also has a Paws in Paradise package: at check-in, guests and their pets are given a water bowl, dog bed, and pet goody bag. A Bark Bar Room Service Menu is also available.
The Spa at Grove Isle features Balinese spa rituals, utilizing the healing touches of flowers and spices. But there's nothing like sunset from the Watsu pool, one of only five in the eastern United States: the hydromassage whirlpool, overlooking the bay, is backed by a waterfall.
Awards and RecognitionsBack to Top
Four-Diamond Award, Gibraltar
Arrive at Miami International Airport (MIA) which is approximately 10 miles (15 minutes) from the resort.Four Grove Isle Drive, Coconut Grove, Florida, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Outdoor Pool + Whirlpool
- Spa On Property
- Fitness Center
- Live Entertainment
- 12 Tennis Courts + Tennis Shop
- Private Balconies
- Flat-Panel Televisions
- Marble Bathrooms
- 2-adult + 2-children occupancy (rollaways available at no charge)
- Welcome drink
- Bottled water
- Unlimited access to the world-class Spa facilities
- Full use of the state-of-the-art Fitness Center
- Unlimited hours of clay and hard court tennis time
- Coffee in your guest room
- Newspaper available in the Lobby each morning
- No additional charge for toll-free numbers dialed from your guestroom
- No additional charge for local calls dialed from your guestroom
- Incoming Facsimile Services
- Nightly Turndown service
- Unlimited use of wireless high speed internet access
Why We Love Coconut Grove
An island escape that's close to home, Grove Isle gives us the Caribbean vibe without the long-haul flight. To think this exclusive island bliss is just minutes from Miami is enough to kick up some heat.
Outdoor Excursion: Biscayne Bay is best seen by boat; Grove Isle can arrange for rentals of sailboats and kayaks at the nearby Coconut Grove Marina.
Top Restaurant: Romance is always on the menu at Gibraltar, and there's no more romantic spot than the solitary table for two directly on the water's edge: to access, diners walk down a keystone path lined with lush tropical plants, just past the fire pit. Don't miss the Key West snapper wraps and the fire-roasted salmon.
Why Go Now
Sundays throughout the year
The Sunday Market
Enjoy this open-air market at Mary Brickell Village, featuring olive oil, pastas, baked goods, plants, arts and crafts, jewelry and more.
Mary Brickell Village. 900 Block of South Miami Avenue.
November 29-December 4, 2011
World-famous for its extraordinary variety, outstanding quality and its stylish gallery-like decor, Art Miami showcases the best in modern and contemporary art from more than 100 international art galleries and prominent art institutions.
Art Miami Pavillion, 3101 NE 1st Avenue.
February 18-20, 2012
Coconut Grove Arts Festival
The 48th annual Coconut Grove Arts Festival will host more than 380 international artists exhibiting their finest work. This year's entertainment will include live musical performances and world-famous chefs.
Along McFarlane Road and South Bayshore Drive.