- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 14 | Next photo
Gran Hotel Son Net
Mallorca, SpainEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Gran Hotel Son Net
This 1672 villa in Spain's pine-covered Sierra de Tramuntana mountains offers a serene alternative to Majorca's party scene, just 25 minutes away.
It's hard to isolate one thing that makes this grand pink palace amid the pines and palms of Majorca's majestic mountains so alluring. Is it the early morning café con leche served on a stone terrace overlooking the Mediterranean? The late afternoon ambles through its hydrangea-lined pathways? The chirps of sparrows and magpies that pierce the quiet mountain air, in contrast to the raucous crowd on Magaluf beach, 15 miles away? Whatever it may be, Gran Hotel Son Net is one of the island's hidden gems: 31 simple, country house-style suites, all outfitted with hand-carved beds and local tela de lenguas fabrics and drenched in the warm Majorcan sunlight. During summer days, guests escape the heat with dips in the 100-foot swimming pool, while in cooler months they spend afternoons trekking the surrounding UNESCO-protected Tramuntana mountain range. And while tranquility may be the hotel's trump card, the hotel will provide car service to nearby Palma de Mallorca for a taste of life in the island's bustling capital.
Despite its traditional sensibility, the hotel has an impressive collection of original contemporary art on display, including works by Warhol, Chagall, and Christo.
Recently, the hotel began growing its own grapes and now harvests a range of varietals. Sample a fresh and aromatic Sauvignon Blanc. Gran Hotel Son Net is also located just a short walk from some of the Balearic Islands' finest wineries, including Bodega Son Puig, and can organize tastings.
Awards and RecognitionsBack to Top
Most Excellent Hotel Europe + Mediterranean 2013
- Conde Nast
Arrive at Palma de Mallorca International Airport (PMI) which is approximately 16 miles (25-30 minutes) from the resort.Castillo de Sonnet s/n, Puigpunyent, Mallorca, Spain
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Outdoor Pool
- Hot Tub
- Spa Services
- Beauty Salon
- Personalized Excursions (Fee)
- Golf nearby
- Air conditioning
- Mini Bars
- Complimentary Soft Drinks
- In-Room Safes
- CD/DVD player on request
- Two dual line Telephones
- Complimentary WIFI
- Luxury Bathroom Amenities
- Large Bath Tubs
- His + Hers Sinks
- Heated Towel Racks
- Hair Dryers
- Separate Bathtubs and Showers
- UK + US Desktop Power Points with 110/220 volt
- 2 Restaurants
- Hotel taxes and fees
- Welcome cocktail
Why We Love Mallorca
Aside from the crowded tourist and spring break spots, Mallorca reveals its inherent soul in this place of unusual and serene beauty. Here you will find the idyllic scenery of a village surrounded by high mountains which are covered in pine and evergreen oak. It's a spot to leave every day worries behind and just be.
From $34 for two and a half hours.
Where to Shop: Find all major Spanish brands from Zara to Camper to Mango in the trendy Porto Pi section of Palma de Mallorca, just a 25-minute drive south from the hotel.
Where to Eat: Cala Conills sources its seafood from the waters of the adjacent Andratx Port. Must-try dishes include the local salted bass and lobster stew.
Calle Cala Conills, Sant Elm.
Dinner for two $80.
Where to Drink: You'll find the well-heeled Majorcan crowd sipping fruit daiquiris at Abaco's baroque-style bar and lounge.
Calle de San Juan, Palma de Mallorca.
Cocktails for two $40.
Why Go Now
October 21, 2013
Festa de Virgin
For this annual celebration of the Virgin Mary, islanders congregate in the Palma city streets and plazas to sing, dance, and feast on local sweets.
Various locations in Palma.
November 21, 2013
In this fall fiesta honoring the region's agriculture, towns throughout the island transform into open-air food markets filled with the area's finest meats, produce, and wine.
November 23 - 24, 2013
New Wine Fair
One of Mallorca's main wine areas hosts a small wine fair complete with tours and tastings.
Santa Maria del Camí.