- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 12 | Next photo
The Langham London
London, United KingdomEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At The Langham London
You don't have to sleep at Buckingham Palace to feel like royalty in London: the posh Langham, in West End's Fitzrovia neighborhood, was opened by the Prince of Wales in 1865, and a recent renovation has added all sorts of new comforts.
The 380-room Victorian-era landmark (unveiled by the Prince of Wales in 1865 and still a royal favorite) has recently been restored to its storied grandeur and brought into the 21st century with flat-screen TVs and wireless Internet in every room. British-style afternoon tea—voted London's best in one recent poll—is served daily in the posh Palm Court off the lobby (try the tomato-and-cream-cheese sandwiches and the lemon posset cups). But the real culinary treat is the Roux at The Landau restaurant, a collaboration between legendary chefs (father and son) Albert and Michel Roux Jr., for roasted wild sea bass and free-range Gloucester Old Spot pork loin. Langham's new Asian owners have added subtle Eastern touches, too. At the Chuan Spa, Asian healing arts take center stage; holistic revitalizing treatments are grounded in traditional Chinese medicine. And the Langham's central location, across from the Art Deco masterpiece BBC Building, makes it perfect for exploring Soho, Mayfair, and the funky Fitzrovia neighborhood.
Duck into the hotel's pagoda-inspired Artesian bar. The drinks menu is 11 pages, and includes the signature BBC Cocktail (Bacardi, bitters, Becherovka cordial, and a slice of apple) and Artesian Punch (rum, Calvados, eau-de-vie, and fresh-squeezed pineapple juice).
Active types won't want to miss the basement amenities: the former subterranean bank vault has been converted into a fitness room, complete with a 52-foot indoor swimming pool, sauna, and steam room.
Arrive at London Heathrow Airport (LHR) which is approximately 18 miles from the hotel. Anticipate 40-60 minutes of travel time depending on traffic.1c Portland Place, Regent Street, London, United Kingdom
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Indoor Lap Pool
- Vitality Pool
- Steam Rooms
- Spa Services
- Fitness Center
- 32" Flat-screen TVs
- Cable + Satellite TV
- Complimentary Internet
- Luxury Bathroom Amenities
- Mini Bars
- In-room Safes
- Individually climate control
- Tea + Coffee Making Facilities
- 2 Restaurants
- Tea Room
- Bar + Lounge
- Private Dining
- Bottle of wine
- English breakfast for two
Why We Love London
Just north of Soho, near bustling Oxford Street, sits central London's hidden neighborhood: Fitzrovia. In recent years, it has undergone an astonishing, if discreet, revival. Tired of the over-gentrified East End, gallery owners eyed Fitzrovia for its cheap rents and soaring spaces. New restaurants, bars, and hotels soon followed.
Inner Circle, Regent's Park. 011-44-844-826-4242
Tickets from $22.
Where to Shop: Dunhill's signature shop in Mayfair caters to discerning travelers with a selection of bespoke and ready-to-wear suits as well as handmade leather belts and briefcases. The three-story outpost is also home to a small day spa, old-fashioned barbershop, humidor, and basement café.
2 Davies St., Mayfair, London W1K 3DJ.
Where to Eat: For an Argentine eatery as authentic as the Pampas, head to Gaucho's, which is filled with cowhide chairs and ornate chandeliers. Try the seared cuadril, lomo, ancho, and other Argentine cuts, paired with a glass of Mendoza Malbec. And don't forget the dulce de leche.
25 Swallow St. 011-44-20-7734-4040 Dinner for two $190.
Where to Drink: Fitzrovia was a hub of British creativity during the 1920s, and Dylan Thomas and George Orwell congregated at pubs such as Fitzroy Tavern, about a 10-minute walk east of the Langham. Be sure to order a Smith's Lager.
16 Charlotte St., Fitzrovia. 011-44-20-7580-3714
Drinks for two $8.
Why Go Now
Now through September 8, 2012
BBC Proms 2012
Royal Albert Hall: Kensington Gore, London.
August 29 - September 9, 2012
London 2012 Paralympic Games
Hot on the heels of the London 2012 Olympic Games comes the premiere global event for athletes with disabilities.
September 27 - 30, 2012
Soho Literary Festival
Author-led talks and events are by a diverse bunch of writers.
Soho Theatre: 21 Dean St, London.