- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
1 of 6 | Next photo
San Miguel de Allende, MexicoEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At La Puertecita
This 24-room escape is tucked away in a peaceful corner just outside Mexico's San Miguel de Allende.
There are few places in Mexico as charming as San Miguel de Allende—one reason why the colonial town is in the midst of a small hotel boom. But La Puertecita has always managed to stay under the radar. Located in a quiet wooded area just east of the city, the 24-room boutique hotel is filled with tiled fountains, angel statues, and spouting stone fish—its unique charms stand out when compared to most of the red-roofed properties nearby. Individually designed rooms come in four categories (the Luxury Rooms and Junior Suites can comfortably sleep four people) and are furnished with wrought-iron canopy beds, carved wooden chests, fireplaces, and bright vases. Guests spend their days by the outdoor pool or opt for painting classes in the on-site studio, and come evening, head into town to meander the cobblestoned streets and explore one of Mexico's most alluring villages.
Looking to stay connected? Wi-Fi is strongest in rooms closest to the hotel office.
Awards and RecognitionsBack to Top
Four Diamond Awards
- Preferred Boutique Hotels
Arrive at Aeropuerto del Bajio (BJX) which is approximately 70 miles from the resort. Anticipate between 90 minutes and 2 hours of travel time.Santo Domingo 75, Col. Los Arcos, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Outdoor Pool
- Swirl Pool
- Water Slide
- Spa Services
- Fitness Room
- Patio + Terraces
- Music Room
- Palapa with personalized service
- Individually designed
- Private Terrace
- Dressing Rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Cable TV
- Security Lockboxes
- Dressing Gowns
- Luxury Bath Amenities
- Hotel taxes
Why We Love San Miguel de Allende
The colonial town of San Miguel de Allende, in Mexico's central highlands, is a popular spot for Americans—in fact, it's widely considered to be one of the friendliest and safest towns in the country. With a postcard-perfect skyline dotted with 17th- and 18th-century towers, churches, and mansions, the town of 150,000 has been a magnet for artists and writers since the 1940s.
17 Calle Reloj. 011-52-415-152-0097
Dinner for two $28.
History Tour: A UNESCO-designed World Heritage Site, the Sanctuary of Atotonilco (Santuario de Atotonilco), with its elaborately detailed ceilings, is nicknamed "The Sistine Chapel of The Americas." It's located only 15 minutes north of San Miguel de Allende.
On the road to Dolores Hidalgo.
Local Scene: San Miguel de Allende's public library, the Biblioteca Pública, is a beloved hangout for expats. In addition to selling books in English, the library hosts plays and lectures.
25 Insurgentes, San Miguel de Allende.
Where to Shop: Stroll along the three-block alleyway of the Mercado de Artesanias, an open-air market, for items such as silverware, blown glass, and piñatas.
Between Loreto and Colegio via the Ignacio Ramirez Market north of the Plaza Civica.
Why Go Now
March 17-24, 2012
Baroque Music Festival
Besides the concerts, highlights a number of free activities such as music programs, exhibitions, activities and concerts for children.
Historic venues around town.
April 1-8, 2012
Easter in San Miguel de Allende means parades, papier-mâché figures, flowers, and fireworks.
Fiestas in Valle de Maíz
Riotous goings-on in one of San Miguel's most traditional neighborhoods.
Valle de Maíz.
- Bedding: 1 king or 2 queens
- Maximum Occupancy: 2
- Why Deluxe Room? Let yourself be enchanted by these charming, individually designed Deluxe Rooms.
- Features: Individually designed. Private Terrace. Dressing Room. Complimentary Wi-Fi. Cable TV. Security Lockbox. Dressing Gowns. Luxury Bath Amenities.