- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
1 of 11 | Next photo
Palace Hotel Copenhagen
Copenhagen, DenmarkEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Palace Hotel Copenhagen
This majestic hotel, built in 1910, is set in a historic brick structure on Copenhagen's Town Hall Square, just across from Tivoli Gardens.
The Palace Hotel dates back to 1910, but even after its fifth renovation in 2008, there's still an old-world sensibility to the 162-room property in the heart of Copenhagen's Town Hall Square. The brick hotel, across from Tivoli Gardens, features multiple towers and four wings, each with a different aesthetic: the Evening Wing is decked in regal reds in honor of former royal guests, including Danish Queen Margrethe II; the Day Wing's purple tones are a nod to the Hollywood elite who passed through in the 50's and 60's. Come evening, the Palace Bar is the place for smoked pepper mackerel accompanied by a Copenhagen, the hotel's gin-based cocktail made with Bols Genever, Cherry Heering, and Angostura Bitters.
The Palace Hotel is known for its family-friendly activities, including a separate play area next to the main lobby that's stocked with video games, drawing materials, and puzzles.
The Palace Hotel's concierge team is well-known for arranging bus tours to nearby destinations, including the medieval city of Lund, Sweden, 50 miles away.
Arrive at Copenhagen International Airport (CPH) which is approximately 5 miles from the hotel. Anticipate between 15 and 30 minutes of travel time depending on traffic.Rådhuspladsen 57, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- 24-Hour Fitness Center
- Business Services
- Meeting Rooms
- Pet Friendly
- Work Desks
- Flat-screen TVs
- Movie Channels
- Hair Dryers
- Iron + Ironing Boards
- Pants Presses
- In-Room Safes
- Mini Bars
- Tea+Coffee Makers
- In-Room Dining
- Hotel Taxes
- 2-person maximum occupancy
Why We Love Copenhagen
Prim houses line tidy cobblestoned streets and canals, and the kitschy Tivoli Gardens forms the city's centerpiece. But beyond these postcard-perfect moments, Copenhagen is an ambitious city with much to explore.
Where to Eat: At Noma, Nordic cuisine star chef René Redzepi romances local ingredients in such tour-de-force presentations as caramelized salsify with Gotland truffle purée, milk skin, and rapeseed oil. For dessert: biodynamic barley and birch-tree sap.
1401 Copenhagen K.
20-course dinner for two from $125.
Where to Drink: Thanks to an outdoor terrace and prime location on the canal, K-bar is the place to be on warm-weather nights. Try the Lychee Martini, made with Geranium Gin, sake, and fresh ginger.
20 Ved Stranden, Copenhagen.
Drinks for two from $35.
Best Day Trip: Head out to North Sealand with Copenhagen Tours on an excursion to see the royal family's summer home, Knights' Hall, and Esrum Lake. At the end of the day, you'll arrive in Elsinore, home of Kronborg Castle and the setting for Shakespeare's Hamlet.
888-217-2212 Read More
4-hour tours for two from $120.
Why Go Now
April 27 + 28, 2013
Copenhagen Sakura Festival
6th installment of the annual cherry tree blossom celebration.
May 17 - 19, 2013
Copenhagen (Whitsun) Carnival
Parades, vibrant costumes, and Latin music performances.
June 7-8, 2013
Nord-Als Music Festival
Twenty bands perform during this two-day music festival on the grounds of Nordborg Castle.
North Jutland, Denmark.
- Size: 160 to 235 square feet
- Bedding: 1 queen
- Maximum Occupancy: 2
- Why Standard Queen or Twin?: Stay elegantly Scandinavian style and feel right at home smack dab in the middle of Denmark's capital.
- Features: Armchair. Work Desk. Flat-screen TV. Movie Channels. Hair Dryer. Iron + Ironing Board. Pants Press. In-Room Safe. Mini Bar. Tea+Coffee Maker.