- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 12 | Next photo
Huahine Te Tiare Beach Resort
Huahine, French PolynesiaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Huahine Te Tiare Beach Resort
This surprisingly affordable hidden escape, a 20-minute flight from Bora Bora, is serene and secluded.
French Polynesia's Huahine Te Tiare Beach Resort, set along Huahine's westernmost lagoon, is the ultimate in seclusion: after arriving at Huahine-Fare Airport, travelers take a boat ride along the island's west coast to a shrouded 40-villa hideaway, where the welcome greeting includes fresh flowers and a tropical drink. The trump card? Almost all hotel structures are cantilevered above the gin-blue water—from the Ari'i restaurant and the sunset bar to the hotel's jewelry boutique, which specializes in black-pearl bobbles. Spa treatments at the Manea spa are based on Taurumi (Tahiti's traditional holistic medicine); afterward, you'll smell vaguely of vanilla, sandalwood, coconut, and pineapple. For those who need a little structure to their day, there are snorkeling, scuba diving, and shark-feeding excursions.
Don't miss chef Jean Frédéric Markacz's Tahitian cooking classes (every day upon request); you'll leave armed with recipes for a local seafood dish and his signature chocolate dessert.
Adventure types will love the resort's full-day tour around Huahine, which includes rides in a motorized dugout canoe and 4 x 4 vehicle. Eight-hour tours from $141 per person.
Arrive at Huahine Airport (HUH) which is approximately 7 miles from the resort. The resort is only accessible via boat from the island airport. Anticipate about 20 minutes of travel time.Huahine, Leeward Islands, French Polynesia
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Spa Services
- Outdoor Pool
- Excursions (fee)
- Beach Volleyball
- Outrigger Canoes
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- IDD Telephones
- Coffee+Tea Facilities
- Mini Bars
- Hair Dryers
- In-room Safes
- Outdoor Dining
- Live Entertainment
- Full American breakfast for two
- Max occupancy for both rooms is 2 adults + 1 child under 15.
Why We Love Huahine
One of the largest of the Society Islands that make up the heart of French Polynesia, Huahine was called That Savage by early European visitors because of its rugged volcanic topography, thick rainforest, and the island's fierce warriors. Flights to Huahine take about 20 minutes from Bora Bora and one hour from Papeete.
Where to Eat: At the south end of Huahine, Mauarii restaurant serves up Polynesian delicacies in a breezy beachfront setting. Don't miss the local shellfish specialty, called varo (curry coconut-flavored chicken).
Avea Bay, Parea, Huahine, French Polynesia.
Dinner for two from $160.
Where to Shop: Fare village is both the administrative capital of Huahine and the only place with a cluster of shops, including several souvenir boutiques. For more unusual crafts, hop a water taxi to Huahine Nui Pearls & Pottery and pick up unique ceramic pieces with Polynesian motifs.
Faie Marina, Box 31, 98731 Fare, Huahine.
Where to Drink: The mai tai is the cocktail of choice at the Oaoa Bar at the Maitai Lapita resort on the outskirts of Fare village. Thanks to its location between the garden and the beach, it's also a perfect place to escape the afternoon heat or catch the sunset.
Fare village, Huahine, French Polynesia.
Drinks for two $12.
Why Go Now
Hawaiki Nui Va'a
During this highly competitive event, outrigger teams from French Polynesia and the Pacific set off on a 77-mile route from Huahine to the finish line in Bora Bora.