- Castello di Casole, Tuscany, Italy
- Oxygen Jungle Villas, Uvita, Costa Rica
- Sofitel Hotel Moorea, Moorea, French Polynesia
- SLS Hotel South Beach, Miami South Beach, Florida
- Sublime Samana, Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Cannes, Cannes, France
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
1 of 13 | Next photo
Poseidonion Grand Hotel
Spetses Island, GreeceEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Poseidonion Grand Hotel
The Poseidonion Grand Hotel, on the tiny Greek island of Spetses, is just a short walk from the harbor and merely 90 minutes from Athens.
The story of this island hotel is rags to riches: After making millions in Turkish manufacturing, the local owner returned to the small Greek island of Spetses, determined to give his hometown a grandiose gift. The result: the waterfront, neoclassical Poseidonion Grand Hotel—now easily accessible on a 90-minute ferry ride from Athens to the new Dapia port and harbor. Today, the Mediterranean Sea views are still the trump card, best seen from private, cast-iron balconies in the 26 rooms. Inside, muted furnishings allow the classic architecture to take center stage (case in point: the dramatic, free-standing marble staircase). Artisan-tile flooring and antique sculptures—especially those in the games room and the Library Bar brasserie—are artistic reminders of the hotel's history.
Weekends are busy with visitors from Athens; ask the concierge for a handheld GPS to help you find quiet trails and secluded beaches.
Don't miss the zucchini carpaccio, made with zucchini, leek, and lemon (all grown on-site), served at the hotel's Aneton at the Verandah restaurant.
Arrive at Spetsai Island Airport (JSS) which is approximately 2 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 10 to 15 minutes of travel time. You may also elect to arrive at Athens International Airport (ATH) and then take a leisurely 90-minute ferry ride to the island (Total travel time about 3 hours).Dapia 18050, Spetses Island, Greece
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Outdoor Pool
- Sun Deck
- Spa on Property
- Private Yards or Balconies (most)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Hardwood Floors
- Flat-screen TVs
- Satellite TV
- Mini Bars
- In-room Safes
- 2 Restaurants
- Bar + Lounge
- 2-person max occupancy in the Deluxe Sea View & Tower Rooms
- 3-person max occupancy in the Superior Garden and Superior Suite
- Welcome drink
- Bottle of water and local treats
Why We Love Spetses Island
Important in the Greek War of Independence, Spetses retains its national pride (many buildings are painted the national colors of white and blue). Today, the island is a scenic getaway just opposite the Peloponnese coast of Ermionida.
Dinner for two $75.
Where to Drink: Looking for a taste of Greece's sweet dessert wine, Vinsanto? Head to Balcony Wine Bar, for dry or sweet whites from Santorini's two distinct appellations, Nykteri and Assyrtico.
Drinks for two $25.
Best Day Trip: Rent a horse-drawn carriage from the concierge (cars are banned on Spetses), and head out to see the post-Byzantine-styled Cathedral of Aghios Nikolaos, the former residence of Greece's famed freedom fighter, Laskarina Bouboulina, or the Cave of Bekiris, with its colorful native-stone entrance.
Why Go Now
April 13-16, 2012
Greek Orthodox Easter Celebrations
June 21-24, 2012
Second Annual Spetses Classic Yacht Race