- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 15 | Next photo
Kennebunkport, MaineEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Hidden Pond
Privacy reigns at this Maine hotel just north of central Kennebunkport, where private cottages are set on 60 balsam- and birch tree-filled acres.
The allure of this southern Maine hotel just north of Kennebunkport is the setting--and the food. The 36 private cottages (some with two bedrooms, and all with Frette linens, screened-in porches, and outdoor showers) are situated among 60 acres of balsam and birch trees, about a mile and a half from Goosefare Bay and the Atlantic. Morning begins with a basket of baguettes, muffins, and Stonewall jams, and during the day, Topsider-wearing travelers gather at the Lodge for its massive stone fireplace and heated swimming pool, then head out to the Tree Spa or on a five-minute drive to the beach, where staffers set up lounge chairs and umbrellas. For dinner, there's chef Ken Oringer's Earth restaurant, which incorporates ingredients from the on-site organic garden in the seasonal menu.
Send a shopping list before you come, and your cabin will be stocked before arrival.
On weekday mornings, take an hour-long tour of the organic farm. Guests can pick their own flowers or vegetables.
Arrive at Portland International Jetport (PWM) which is approximately 25 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 40 minutes of travel time.354 Goose Rocks Road, Kennebunkport, Maine, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Outdoor Pool
- Sun Deck
- Nightly Bonfires
- Spa Treatments
- Personal Trainers
- Yoga Sessions
- Bike Rentals
- Unique Designs
- Gas Fireplaces
- Private Porches
- Day Beds
- Marble Showers
- Outdoor Showers
- Morning Bakery Baskets
- Down-filled Duvets
- Frette Bed Linens
- Flat Panel TVs
- Luxury Bath Amenities
- Wet Bars
- Small Fridges with Ice Makers
- Coffee Makers
- 2 Restaurants
- Outdoor Dining
Why We Love Kennebunkport
Maine's beloved coastal escape is known for its blend of New England tradition, maritime attractions, and the seafood scene.
St. Martin's Lane.
Outdoor Excursion: The Kennebunkport Marina is stocked with kayaks, canoes, and inflatable rafts for paddling up the river, or powerboats for a trip around the ocean harbor.
67 Ocean Ave.
Where to Eat: The One Dock Restaurant at Kennebunkport Inn serves a fresh take on Maine's classic dishes, such as lobster mac & cheese, pan-seared sea scallops with candied brussel sprouts, and crab cakes with green-apple and celery-root slaw.
One Dock Square.
Dinner for two, $100.
Where to Drink: Federal Jack's brewery—housed in a former shipyard—serves seven types of craft beer, including Export Ale, Blue Fin Stout, Old Thumper, and Fuggles IPA. On weekends, live music and karaoke draw crowds.
8 Western Ave.
Dinner for two $36.
Why Go Now
August 25, 2012
Kennebunkport Village Green Craft Show
The Society of Southern Maine Craftsmen has been promoting handcrafts and providing sales opportunities for Maine craftspeople since 1968.
Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport.
October 13 + 14, 2012
Complete with Ox Spit-roast, Harvestfest is a carnival of fine local foods, entertainment and activities that make this a weekend to remember.
Beginning November 30, 2012