- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
1 of 9 | Next photo
Playa Del Carmen, MexicoEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Acanto Boutique
This new, 27-room hotel in Mexico's Playa del Carmen is a short walk from the beach and the pedestrian-friendly Quinta Avenida.
Mexico's Riviera Maya is known for its sprawling resorts, but the new, 27-room Acanto Boutique Hotel proves that low-key simplicity also has a place on the Yucatan peninsula. This hacienda-style property, one block from both the beach and the area's pedestrian-filled Quinta Avenida, is set around a courtyard that's home to a swimming pool lined by chaise lounges and lanterns. Spanish accents influence the interiors, where curved hardwood windows frame views of the Caribbean Sea. A bonus for value seekers: lobby-side Wi-Fi is complimentary, as is access to the hotel's beach club, stocked with chilled towels and fruit for sun-seekers. And be sure to check in with the hotel concierge, who has close connections with nearby tour operators and language-immersion experts.
Sign up for the hotel's Friday night tapas cooking course or the mixology lesson, which focuses on Mezcal, the distilled liquor from Mexico's native agave.
Traveling with the kids? Ask the front desk staffer to book a private petting and feeding tour at Cancun's Croco Cun Zoo, about an hour's drive north, for an up-close look at spider monkeys, guacamayas, and crocodiles.
Arrive at Cancún International Airport (CUN) which is approximately 35 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 45 to 50 minutes of travel time.16th Street North, Playa Del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Spa on Property
- Outdoor Pool
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Classes
- Personal Trainers
- Access to Beach Club
- Private Balconies or Terraces
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Plasma TVs
- Full Kitchens
- Granite Countertops
- Private Bathrooms
- Restaurants nearby
- Private Chefs
- 2-person maximum occupancy in the Deluxe 1-Bedroom apartments
- 4-person maximum occupancy in the Deluxe 2-Bedroom apartment
- 6-person maximum occupancy in the Deluxe 3-Bedroom apartment
- Bottle of wine and fruit basket on arrival
Why We Love Playa Del Carmen
Playa del Carmen—on Mexico's Yucatan peninsula, just south of Cancún—is now one of the Riviera Maya's most popular destinations, thanks to its pedestrian-friendly streets, local shopping, and white-sand beaches.
Dinner for two $23.
Where to Drink: Stop at the Hangover Bar Playa for its specialty, clamato beer, made with tomato and clam juice swirled into a cold brew.
Calle 28 Norte y Cozumel.
Drinks for two $15.
Best Day Trip: An hour south of Playa del Carmen, the 1.3-million-acre Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Jaguars, ocelots, and tapirs are known to roam the coastal jungle that's also studded with unexcavated ruins.
Why Go Now
May through September
Whale Shark Migration
November 11 - 17, 2013
Mayakoba Golf Classic
Through six years, Mayakoba has welcomed some of the biggest names and most accomplished players in professional golf.
El Camaleón Golf Club, Playa del Carmen.
November 24, 2013
Taste of Playa
Culinary events celebrating the creativity and cultural influences of chefs throughout the Riviera Maya.
Parque Fundadores, Playa del Carmen.
November 28 - 30, 2013
Riviera Maya Jazz Festival
Three-day event, now in its 10th year, featuring big name musicians such as Earth, Wind and Fire.
Playa del Carmen.
As Seen on