- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 15 | Next photo
Sanctuary at Camelback Mountain
Paradise Valley, ArizonaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Sanctuary at Camelback Mountain
With its secluded location in the Valley of the Sun, this spa resort is a quiet getaway just 10 minutes north of downtown Scottsdale.
Situated on the northern slope of the red-rock mountain, Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain comprises a cluster of adobe-style buildings in Paradise Valley, where the sun shines approximately 325 days a year. Developed as an exclusive tennis resort in the 1950's, the property was once a haunt for athletes and celebrities—including Ken Rosewall, Dean Martin, and Elton John. Its complete refurbishment in 2001 only made it swankier; today, the 105 casitas are sleek and modern, with original paintings, oversized soaking tubs with votive candles and signature bath salts, and enormous windows framing panoramic mountain views. The resort still has five championship tennis courts, but there are plenty of quieter pursuits too, like sunrise yoga and lime-blossom spa massages.
Keep an eye out for the birdfeeders lining the hotel walkways; they are specially designed to attract 16 species of hummingbird.
Try the spa's Sanctuary Luxury Facial, which incorporates rose-quartz crystals.
Arrive at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) which is approximately 10 miles from the resort. Anticipate between 25 and 35 minutes of travel time depending on traffic.5700 East McDonald Drive, Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Spa on Property
- Fitness Center
- Infinity Edge Pool
- Outdoor Lap Pool
- 5 Tennis Courts
- Daily Tennis Clinics
- Tennis Instruction
- Fitness Classes
- Steam Bath
- Business Center
- Frette Linens
- Goose-down Beds
- Luxury In-Room Amenities
- Comfy Chairs + Sofas
- Dual-line Phones
- Big-screen TVs
- Hair Dryers
- Irons + Ironing Boards
- 2 Restaurants
- Outdoor Dining
- Wine Cellar
- Outdoor Bar + Lounge
- Lunch + Learn
- Private Dining
- In-room Coffee + Tea Service
- Max occupancy is 2 adults + 2 children in existing bedding
Why We Love Paradise Valley
Travelers to Arizona's Paradise Valley can browse the 100-plus art galleries in downtown Scottsdale, take rigorous hikes on Camelback Mountain, or check out rare native plants at the Desert Botanical Garden in Papago Park, just 20 minutes away.
7133 E Stetson Dr.
Dinner for two $50.
Where to Drink: Loud, lively, and undeniably cool, Citizen Public House is an indoor-outdoor gastropub serving craft beers, cocktails, and bar snacks such as bacon-fat heirloom popcorn. Try the signature Citi-Zen cocktail, made with pear vodka, ginger liqueur, and house-made sweet and sour, with a rock-candy garnish.
7111 E 5th Ave.
Drinks for two $10.
Best Day Trip: The Apache Trail, an old stagecoach route once used by the native Indians to cross the Superstition Mountains, is considered one of the most scenic drives in the United States. Head out on the 48-mile drive that leads past several lakes, Tonto National Forest, and Three Bar Wildlife Area, home to bighorn sheep and mountain lions.
Why Go Now
Now through June 28, 2013
Music in the Garden: Spring Concert Series
Live music ranging from blues to Brazilian is performed at the Desert Botanical Garden every Friday evening.
July 11, 2013
Summer Spectacular ArtWalk
This annual event is a jazzed-up version of Scottsdale's year-round ArtWalk, with wine tastings, samples from local restaurants, and over 100 open galleries.
Scottsdale Arts District.
August 24, September 14, October 25 + November 30, 2013
Lunch & Learn
Hosted by Food Network star Beau MacMillan, these weekend classes include a three-course lunch, wine or cocktail pairings, and cooking instruction from celebrity guest chefs such as Robert Irvine or Geoffrey Zakarian.
Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain, Paradise Valley.