- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Vuyani Safari Lodge, Moditlo Private Game Reserve, South Africa
- The Liaison Capitol Hill, Washington, District of Columbia
- Hotel Jerome, an Auberge Resort, Aspen, Colorado
- Casas del XVI, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- The Landings St. Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia, BWI
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
1 of 15 | Next photo
Maui, HawaiiEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Lumeria Maui
This new retreat on Maui's North Shore delivers a singular Hawaiian stay that is part adventure, part luxurious tranquility.
Make no mistake: Lumeria, Maui's newest retreat, is one of the region's most exciting new hideaways—both for adventure types and for those looking for a true Hawaiian experience. Formerly a sugar cane and pineapple plantation, the restored 24-room North Shore property stands out for its activities, ranging from yoga and meditation classes to Hawaiian healing treatments and volunteer excursions to a nearby ancient Hawaiian valley. The rooms, with four-poster beds and 300-thread-count sheets, are especially inviting after a busy day filled with activities, including gardening classes focused on Hawaii's edible plants, stand-up paddling, scuba diving and surfing at nearby at Ho'okipa Beach.
Be ready to completely unplug: as part of the well-being emphasis, there are no phones or TVs in the guest rooms.
Airport transports via taxi are available to and from the airport in Kahului (10 miles from the property), but a car rental is recommended.
Arrive at Kahului Airport (OGG) which is approximately 10 miles from the retreat. Anticipate about 15-20 minutes of travel time.1813 Baldwin Avenue, Makawao, Hawaii, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Learning Garden
- Sports + Fitness Programs
- Horticulture Classes
- Luxury Bedding
- Luxury Bedding
- iPod Docking Stations
- Mini Fridge
- Outdoor Sitting Areas
- Unique Artwork
- Luxury Bathrooms
- Japanese Tansus
- Detox Menu
- Complimentary Breakfast Items
- Complimentary Coffee + Tea Service
- Max occupancy for the King Bed Guest room is 2 adults and 2 children under 10, or 2 adults and 1 child over 10 years.
- Max occupancy for the Suite is 4 persons
- Light organic breakfast
- Daily yoga - one class per person per day
- Complimentary wireless internet
Why We Love Maui
Maui's dazzling North Shore is known for its bohemian sensibility and emphasis on wellness activities. Getting there is part of the fun: you'll drive 10 miles with coastal rainforests on your right, and the unbroken blue of the Northern Pacific on your left.
89 Hana Highway.
Dinner for two $20.
Where to Drink: Named after the founder's good-natured Great Dane, Charley's Saloon in Paia is the kind of place where surfers, writers, rock stars, and adventurers commingle (it's one of Willie Nelson's favorite haunts). It's also the North Shore go-to for live music, strong drinks, and pub food.
142 Hana Highway.
Drinks for two $14.
Best Day Trip: Head out on a two-hour drive on Hana Highway, one of the country's most scenic routes. Once you reach Hana, on the island's easternmost point, visit to the Kahanu Gardens, an ancient Polynesian cultural site.
Why Go Now
June 22, 2014
Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Festival
Six hour live music festival that features some of Hawaii's finest musicians in the slack key guitar genre.
August 29 - September 7, 2014
Malama Maui: Hawaii Wine & Food Festival
The premier epicurean gathering in the Pacific features five distinct evening events and educational culinary experiences during daytime.
200 Nohea Kai Drive, Lahaina, Maui. 1-808-738-6245
September 12 + 13, 2014
Ku Mai Ka Hula International Hula Competition
Featuring Halau winners from Japan and Hawaii in solo and group dance performances. Dancers compete in various categories.
Maui Arts & Cultural Center, Kahului.