- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
1 of 9 | Next photo
Grand Hotel & La Pace
Montecatini Terme, ItalyEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Grand Hotel & La Pace
Unpack in this grand Tuscan estate for countryside charms and access to one of the country's most beloved cities (Florence is just 30 minutes away).
A hidden garden escape, the stately Grand Hotel in Montecatini, Tuscany still feels as charming as it did when it opened in 1870. Parquet floors gleam as if they're new, and gold chandeliers cast a romantic glow on crown molding-lined triple-height interiors filled with 19th-century furnishings. All 136 classic rooms are spacious and comfortable, but it's the sprawling property that wows. The estate is set next to a hillside garden park framed by centuries-old trees, and during warm summer days, the swimming pool and patio bar fill with Italian-speaking visitors who lounge on wrought-iron chaise lounges. Sip a Negroni by the water, head indoors to the fresco-clad Michelangelo restaurant, or take a five-minute walk to the Montecatini Centro train station for the 40-minute ride to the artisan workshops and wine bars of Florence.
Don't miss the 8,000-square-foot spa: treatments are included in the room rate, as is access to the Rasul steam baths.
Though it's a traditional hotel, you can still bring your laptop. The hotel has high-speed Internet and a full-service business center.
Arrive at Pisa Galileo Galilei International Airport (PSA) which is approximately 39 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 55 minutes of travel time depending on travel time.Viale IV Nobembre 77, Montecatini Terme, Tuscany, Italy
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Outdoor Pool
- Park Setting
- Tennis Court
- Golf Course
- Spa on Property
- Personal Shopper
- Private Car Park
- Business Center
- Tour Concierge
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Dog Sitting
- Babysitting Service (per request)
- Air Conditioning
- Plug-in Internet Access
- Satellite TV
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- Hair Dryers
- Bar + Grill
- Al fresco Dining
- Poolside Bar
- Max occupancy is 2 adults + 1 child in rollaway or crib
- Welcome drink served in the bar
- American buffet breakfast each morning
- Access to the spa wet area (90 minutes per day)
- Use of fitness room and tennis court (by reservation only)
- 20% savings on spa treatments (excluding packages)
- 20% savings on dinner in the hotel restaurant (excluding wines)
Why We Love Montecatini Terme
Florence is one of Italy's most storied ancient cities, home to everything from Michelangelo's David and Botticelli's Birth of Venus to shops selling some of the world's greatest wines.
Campo della Caritá.
Where to Eat: For a local taste, head to Al Tranvai, for its extensive selection of local vino. Don't miss the signature dish—the coniglio fritto, or fried rabbit.
Dinner for two $70.
Best Day Trip: The 500 Touring Club rents out classic Italian Fiat 500s for tours of Florence. Radio contact with your guide ensures you won't miss a thing.
149/A Via Gherardo Silvani.
Two-hour tours from $100.
Why Go Now
The Florence International Film Festival
The festival's mission is to inspire, educate and promote film makers who have a positive vision for the planet.
Odeon Theatre, Florence.
June 24, 2014
Calcio Storico Fiorentino
Florentines in historical costume stroll from the Church of Santa Maria Novella to the Church of Santa Croce.
September 18-21, 2014
Expo Rurale 2014
Florence's four-day country exposition at the six-acre Cascine Park. Best of all: Admission is free.
Parco delle Cascine.