- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 10 | Next photo
Asunción, ParaguayEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At La Mision
This mansion-turned-boutique hotel is set on a charming shaded street of Asunción, Paraguay.
At La Misión, a private mansion-turned-hotel set around a leafy courtyard in the colonial town of Asunción, you'll find a cozy home base for exploring Paraguay, a landlocked country between Argentina and Brazil. The hotel, in a quaint area between Asunción's Villa Morra and Recoleta neighborhoods, has 36 rooms that are simple and sweet, with white-on-white beds, patterned walls, and brightly colored accents; public spaces all overlook the garden courtyard, which is where you'll order the area's signature drink—caña, a light rum made from Paraguay's sugar cane or honey.
Typical of Paraguayan hotels, La Misión's rooms do not come equipped with alarms clocks; if you're up early for meetings or sightseeing, make sure to bring your own.
Don't overlook the local dishes: Bife Koygua, a New York strip steak topped with grilled onions and fried eggs, is a popular Paraguayan lunch or dinner dish.
Arrive at Silvio Pettirossi International Airport (ASU) which is approximately 7 miles from the hotel. Anticipate between 15 and 30 minutes of transfer time depending on traffic.Dr. Eulogio Estigarribia No. 4990, c/ San Roque González, Asunción, Paraguay
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Rooftop Outdoor Pool
- Rooftop Lounge Area
- Outdoor Spa Tub
- Fitness Center
- Health Club
- Business Center
- Child Care (fee)
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Flat-panel TVs
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- Bath Tubs
- In-Room Safes
- Bar + Lounge
- In-Room Dining
- Hotel Taxes
Why We Love Asunción
Paraguay is a frequent travel destination for visitors from neighboring countries Argentina and Brazil, but increasing numbers of American travelers are drawn to the country's colonial charms and river-based adventure excursions.
Estrella 399 esq Alberdi.
Dinner for two $20.
Where to Drink: Casa Clari's outdoor veranda overlooks the mid-19th-century Palacio de los López. Cool off a sultry summer night with a Paraguayan brew such as Baviera, a German-style pilsner, or Dorada, a darker brew.
Drinks for two $15.
Best Day Trip: Accessible by public bus, the town of Itauguá, famous for its nanduti lace shops, is just 20 miles southeast from Asunción.
Why Go Now
August 26, 2012
South American Marathon Championships
Track and field athletes gather biennially to compete for glory; this year, Asunción is the host city.