- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Villa La Estancia Riviera Nayarit, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
- Taveuni Palms Resort, Matei, Fiji Islands
- Blakely New York Hotel, New York, New York
- Castello di Casole, Tuscany, Italy
- Oxygen Jungle Villas, Uvita, Costa Rica
- Sofitel Hotel Moorea, Moorea, French Polynesia
- SLS Hotel South Beach, Miami South Beach, Florida
- Sublime Samana, Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Cannes, Cannes, France
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
1 of 14 | Next photo
Charleston, South CarolinaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At HarbourView Inn
Classic southern style is on display at this small hotel on Charleston's Waterfront Park.
Picture this historic Charleston retreat: a charming brick manse with an unobstructed, Waterfront Park view, nautical touches (including historic maritime maps), and a prime harborside location in the city's historic district. At South Carolina's Harbourview Inn, you get both regional touches and prime access to the city center. Forty-seven rooms have an unexpected West Indies style, complete with palm tree accents and wood furnishings created by a local craftsman, and five rooms are set in the property's Historic Wing, where plantation shutters and exposed brick walls are reminders of the property's original use, as a cotton warehouse in the 1830's. But we bet you'll spend your time on the rooftop terrace, where continental breakfast is served against a sweeping view of the city.
Talk about Southern hospitality: there is a complimentary wine and cheese service every afternoon, plus milk and cookies in the evenings.
On Wednesdays and Saturdays at 4:30 p.m., a local guide offers insights into Charleston history on the hotel's rooftop terrace.
Arrive at Charleston International Airport (CHS) which is approximately 12 miles from the Inn. Anticipate about 25 minutes of travel time.2 Vendue Range Street, Charleston, SC, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Rooftop Terrace
- Atrium Lobby
- Fireplace in Lobby
- 24-hour Business Center
- Complimentary SkylineTour
- Flat-screen TVs
- Wi-Fi Access
- In-room Safes
- iHome Docking Stations
- Waffle-weave Bathrobes
- Hair Dryers
- Make-up Mirrors
- Iron + Ironing Boards
- Afternoon Tea Service
- Wine + Cheese Receptions
- Snacks + Iced Tea Service
- In-room Dining
- 2 person max occupancy in the Grand HarbourView Guest Room
- 4 person max occupancy in the HarbourView Guest Room
- Daily signature silver service Portside Breakfast delivered to your room, rooftop terrace or Atrium Lobby
- Snacks and flavored iced teas served all day in the Harbour Front Lobby
- Afternoon wine and cheese reception in the Atrium Lobby
- Freshly baked cookies and milk each evening in the Harbour Front Lobby
- Wireless internet service provided in all guest rooms and public areas
Why We Love Charleston
Southern charm and a serious food scene are just part of what makes Charleston the pride of the Lowcountry.
14-16 Meeting Street.
Wildlife Spotting: Just a few blocks away, stingrays and ring-tailed lemurs are on display at the South Carolina Aquarium (the Saltmarsh Aviary was newly renovated).
100 Aquarium Wharf.
Where to Eat: Fleet Landing, one of Charleston's most popular waterfront restaurants, serves southern-style seafood in a reclaimed naval building. Order the Carolina lump crab cakes.
186 Concord Street.
Dinner for two $40.
Where to Drink: Stop into Social Restaurant & Wine Bar for a flight of dry Rieslings served in a 19th-century warehouse where more than 4,000 bottles are on display.
188 E. Bay Street.
Drinks for two $30.
Why Go Now
September 3 -14, 2014
Charleston Restaurant Week
The spotlight's on Lowcountry cuisine: restaurants offer three-course menus starting at $20.
September 25 - October 12, 2014
MOJA Arts Festival
The 31st annual celebration of African-American and Caribbean art.
October 2 - 26, 2014
Preservation Society's Fall Tour of Homes and Gardens
Tour the city's private residences, in styles ranging from Georgian to modern.