- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- Kukuiula Club Cottages, The Parrish Collection Kauai, Poipu Beach, Kauai
- Casas del XVI, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Le Montrose Suites West Hollywood, Los Angeles, California
- Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience Resort, Cancun, Mexico
- La Giralda, Guanaja, Honduras
1 of 14 | Next photo
Charleston, South CarolinaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At HarbourView Inn
This airy 52-room boutique hotel occupies a privileged spot just steps from Charleston's scenic Waterfront Park.
The classic Southern retreat, whose exposed brick walls and plantation shutters bear witness to its past life as a cotton warehouse, looks out over the park and Charleston Harbor. On four storeys, the historic hotel displays nautical touches like historic maritime maps and 52 rooms designed in West Indies style found throughout many parts of the port city. Rooms are spacious due to lofty 14-foot ceilings and have local craftsman-made wood furnishings along with palm tree accents. The hotel is only a stone's throw from the heart of historic downtown where restaurants, cafes and galleries jostle for storefront space along East Bay Street. The staff is at guests' beck and call honoring the notion of attentive yet unobtrusive Southern hospitality. Start your morning with continental breakfast on the rooftop terrace - views across the city are complimentary - and return around sunset to bid the day farewell with a glass of mint julep.
Parched and a bit peckish? All day snacks and flavored iced teas are served in the Harbour Front Lobby and guests are invited to a complimentary wine and cheese reception each afternoon.
Stick around the hotel's rooftop terrace on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 4:30pm when a local guide shares knowledge about Charleston's history.
Arrive at Charleston International Airport (CHS), which is approximately 12 miles from the Inn. Anticipate about 25 minutes of travel time.2 Vendue Range Street, Charleston, SC, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Rooftop Terrace
- Atrium Lobby
- Fireplace in Lobby
- 24-hour Business Center
- Complimentary SkylineTour
- Flat-screen TVs
- Wi-Fi Access
- In-room Safes
- iHome Docking Stations
- Waffle-weave Bathrobes
- Hair Dryers
- Make-up Mirrors
- Iron + Ironing Boards
- Afternoon Tea Service
- Wine + Cheese Receptions
- Snacks + Iced Tea Service
- In-room Dining
- 2 person max occupancy in the Grand HarbourView Guest Room
- 4 person max occupancy in the HarbourView Guest Room
- Daily signature silver service Portside Breakfast delivered to your room, rooftop terrace or Atrium Lobby
- Snacks and flavored iced teas served all day in the Harbour Front Lobby
- Afternoon wine and cheese reception in the Atrium Lobby
- Freshly baked cookies and milk each evening in the Harbour Front Lobby
- Wireless internet service provided in all guest rooms and public areas
Why We Love Charleston
The oldest city in South Carolina, Charleston brims with history, Southern charm and a burgeoning gourmet food scene.
186 Concord Street, Charleston.
Where to Drink: Steeped in history, Social Restaurant and wine bar is well known for its flight of dry Rieslings served in the 19th-century warehouse that is also home to 4,000 bottles of wine on display. Drinks for two $30.
188 E. Bay Street, Charleston.
Best Day Trip: Ready to step back in time? Visit the Calhoun Mansion built in 1876 and designed by architect William P. Russell. Marvel at the 90-foot cupola and take time for a leisurely stroll around the serene Japanese water gardens.
14-16 Meeting Street, Charleston.
Outdoor Excursion: Then, saunter over a few blocks to check out stingrays and ring-tailed lemurs at the South Carolina Aquarium. Make sure to pay a visit to the newly renovated Saltmarsh Aviary.
100 Aquarium Wharf, Charleston.
Why Go Now
September 3 -14, 2014
Charleston Restaurant Week
The weeklong event highlights Lowcountry cuisine with restaurants offering three-course menus starting at $20.
September 25 - October 12, 2014
MOJA Arts Festival
The 31st installment of this annual event celebrates Afro-American and Caribbean art.
October 2 - 26, 2014
Preservation Society's Fall Tour of Homes and Gardens
Take a tour of some of Charleston's most impressive private residences. Styles range from modern to Georgian.