- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 7 | Next photo
Cartagena, ColombiaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Karmairi
Just 20 minutes from Cartagena, Colombia, Karmairi Hotel Spa is a peaceful, seafront retreat with spa cabanas and a chic, Caribbean sensibility.
Set on a peaceful, private beach, Hotel Karmairi has the quiet appeal of staying in one of Colombia's quaint fishing villages, such as nearby Manzanillo del Mar, yet the chic, 13-room hotel is only 20 minutes north from the heart of historic Cartagena. Though most rooms at the hotel don't have sea views, natural design elements such as rattan furniture, carved wooden headboards, and thatched roofs create a tropical, Caribbean feel; resort-worthy amenities, including beach service and a top-notch fusion restaurant, add an extra dose of luxury. Want to relax? Enter one of the spa cabanas set behind guadua bamboo walls for a regenerating honey treatment followed by a quartz-stone massage to the sound of rustling palms.
The hotel's complimentary Cartagena shuttle departs directly from the property three times daily. Otherwise, a taxi ride is about $16 each way.
Ask the hotel concierge about arranging a private, 45-minute horseback-riding trip along the sand of nearby Manzanillo del Mar beach.
Arrive at Rafael Núñez Airport (CTG) which is approximately 8 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 30 minutes of travel time.Km 3 Vía Manzanillo del Mar, Cartagena, Bolivar, Colombia
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Beach Access
- Outdoor Pool
- LCD TVs
- Mini Bars
- In-room Safes
- Wi-Fi Access
- Open-Air Restaurant
- 2 person maximum occupancy
- Breakfast each morning
- Regularly scheduled shuttle service from the beach to the old city
Why We Love Cartagena
Named a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its Spanish colonial architecture, Cartagena is also a popular beach destination on Colombia's Caribbean coast.
Muelle de la Bodeguita.
From $25 per person.
Wellness Experience: Take a medicinal mud bath atop the El Totumo Volcano, followed by a rinse in the nearby freshwater river. A five-hour tour with Guianza Express Cartagena allows plenty of time for relaxing.
Tours from $50.
Where to Eat: Karmairi's Azul Restaurant serves up local seafood with a Caribbean flair. Try the tuna trilogy, topped with thyme, almonds, and sesame, and paired with a smoked paprika mash.
Km 3 vía Manzanillo del Mar.
Dinner for two $65.
Where to Drink: Apart from a standard cocktail list, the hotel bar also whips up a handful of detoxifying juices. The Sol juice is mixed with carrot, apricot, basil, and ginger, and served by the pool.
Km 3 vía Manzanillo del Mar.
Juices for two $10.
Why Go Now
November 11, 2013
Independence Day in Cartagena
In 1811, Cartagena broke from the Spanish Empire; the country now celebrates its independence with parties and parades.
National Beauty Pageant
Since 1934, Cartageneros have gathered to watch the public parades of local women, all competing for the Queen's Crown in the Senorita Colombia Pageant.
Cartagena International Music Festival
Historic venues become concert halls for international orchestras, pianists, and sopranos during this annual festival.
Cartagena International Film Festival
Watch Colombian and international movies at the longest-running film festival in South America.
Cine Colombia in Caribe Plaza, Cartagena.