- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 14 | Next photo
Castello del Nero
Tuscany, ItalyEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Castello del Nero
An impeccably restored 12th-century Tuscan castle in Italy's Chianti region, just a short drive south of Florence.
More than 700 acres of rolling hills, olive groves, and grape vines surround Castello del Nero, a Tuscan castle just outside of Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, a charming Italian village south of Florence. Built in the 12th century by the del Nero family, the estate references its noble heritage in all 50 rooms, each carefully restored and many with original frescoes of landscapes and Florentine flowers. Cashmere blankets and goose-down duvets are cozy in-room touches, but most guests pass the days elsewhere on the property, exploring the countryside on horseback, relaxing at the spa, or cooking with chef Giovanni Luca di Pirro during on-site Tuscan-cuisine cooking classes.
Book a private tasting in the wine cellar to sample olive oil and the Chianti, both produced on the estate.
Put on your walking shoes for the one-mile Promenade of the Marchesa, a cypress-lined path adjacent to the hotel's main building that dates back to the 16th century.
Arrive at Peretola International Airport (FLR) which is approximately 28 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 45 minutes of travel time.Strada Spicciano 7, Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, Province of Florence, Italy
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Historic Castle
- Landscaped Garden
- Renowned Spa
- Turkish Baths
- Heated Outdoor Pool
- Fitness Room
- Air Conditioning
- LCD TVs
- Video on demand
- Internet Access
- In-room Safes
- Mini Bars
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- Luxury Bath Amenities
- Al Fresco Dining
- Terrace Dining
- Wine Cellar
- Nightly rate based on two people sharing. 1 child may share accommodation for an additional €55 for children 6-11 years, €110 for 12+
2 night minimum stay requirement
Why We Love Tuscany
Famous for exceptional restaurants, artisanal treasures, and renowned wineries, Tuscany remains one of Italy's most perfect escapes.
Piazza del Duomo, Siena.
Best Shopping: Drive to Florence to walk Via Tornabuoni, the city's beloved shopping street, for all the big brand names: Gucci, Versace, Prada, and more.
Via Tornabuoni, Florence.
Where to Eat: At Florence's Alle Murate, Giovanna Iorio whips up entrées such as L'agnello del Casentino (roasted leg of lamb with braised shoulder), served under frescoes of Dante and Boccaccio.
16r Via del Proconsolo, Florence.
Dinner for two $120.
Where to Drink: Originally the castle's kitchen, the Bar of Castello del Nero is an intimate spot in the property's back tower. Sybarites will want to sample the house red or the regional Vin Santo (holy wine), a sweet Italian dessert wine.
Why Go Now
May 12, 2013
Stage nine of this 21-stage, annual bike race spans 112 miles from Sansepolcro to Florence, Italy.
June 24, 2013
Festa di San Giovanni
Historical Soccer match and a parade in costumes through the streets of downtown Florence.
December 7+8, 2013
Wild Boar Festival
Since 1976, teams of hunters have flocked to Chianni to test their skills on a wild-boar chase in honor of the Sagra del Cinghiale (Feast of the Wild Boar).
December 25, 2013
Midnight Mass at Il Duomo
Celebrate Christmas at the landmark 1436 Gothic-style cathedral.