- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Villa La Estancia Riviera Nayarit, Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
- Taveuni Palms Resort, Matei, Fiji Islands
- Blakely New York Hotel, New York, New York
- Castello di Casole, Tuscany, Italy
- Oxygen Jungle Villas, Uvita, Costa Rica
- Sofitel Hotel Moorea, Moorea, French Polynesia
- SLS Hotel South Beach, Miami South Beach, Florida
- Sublime Samana, Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Cannes, Cannes, France
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
1 of 10 | Next photo
The Elliott House Inn
Charleston, South CarolinaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At The Elliott House Inn
The location is key at Charleston's newly renovated Elliott House Inn: it's just a one-minute walk from King Street's boutiques.
Like many hotel gems in Charleston, the Elliott House Inn has excellent pedigree. In 1861, the 25-room property was a college dormitory of the College of Charleston, one of the city's touchstones. A recent upgrade polished the pine floors, added four-poster beds and rainfall showerheads, and otherwise freshened up the oak-shrouded spot, which surrounds a private courtyard. It's in this quiet garden where wine and cheese tastings are held each night from 5-6 p.m.; in the early mornings, guests can also bring the complimentary breakfast of freshly baked muffins and fruit underneath the trellis. Within easy walking distance are the shops on King Street and the Gibbs Museum of Art.
Request a private walking tour with licensed guide, Neil Cook, who doubles as the hotel's concierge.
The hotel has four beach cruisers stored on-site; they're perfect for pedaling the city's leafy streets.
Arrive at Charleston International Airport (CHS) which is approximately 14 miles from the Bed & Breakfast. Anticipate about 30 minutes of travel time.78 Queen Street, Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Tropical Courtyard
- Heated Outdoor Jacuzzi
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Complimentary Bike Rental
- Concierge Service
- 24-hour Front Desk
- Individually Decorated
- Flat-screen TVs
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Access
- Cable TV
- Alarm Clocks
- Direct Dial Telephones
- Luxury Bath Amenities
- Hair Dryers
- Irons + Ironing Boards
- Daily Housekeeping
- Restaurant Adjacent
- In-Room Dining
- Nightly Wine + Cheese Reception
- 2-person max occupancy in both rooms
- Continental breakfast
- Evening Wine and Cheese reception
- Bike rentals
- Wireless Internet
Why We Love Charleston
Change is underfoot in Charleston. The restaurant scene is heating up, thanks to a vibrant community of inventive chefs, many at the helm in restaurants that reflect the city's 19th-century roots.
76 Queen St.
Dinner for two $90.
Where to Drink: Don't miss Cocktail Club, in Upper King, for its hip rooftop terrace and locally sourced cocktails. Try the Valiant Soldier, a tangy mix of Russell's Rye, Cherry Heering, fresh orange juice, and bitters.
479 King St., Charleston.
Drinks for two $25.
Where to Shop: M. Dumas & Son's Clothier, established in 1918, is menswear shop that's been in the same family for three generations.
294 King St.
Best Day Trip: Kiawah Island, 40 minutes southwest of Charleston, is an easy beach escape with meandering bike paths and top golf courses, including the Pete Dye-designed Ocean Course, host of the 2012 PGA Championship.
On Sanctuary Beach Drive.
Why Go Now
February 28-March 3, 2013
Charleston Wine + Food Festival
This five-day foodie extravaganza showcases both local and national culinary stars.
Tickets from $40.
April 6, 2013
Cooper River Bridge Run
Runners lace-up each year for this 10K bridge course, which starts in Mt. Pleasant and finishes in Charleston.
May 24-June 9, 2013
Spoleto Festival USA
Rooted in the mid-century festival traditions of Spoleto, Italy, this annual arts celebration includes dance, theater, and opera performances.