- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 1 | Next photo
Gateway Canyons Resort
Gateway, ColoradoEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Gateway Canyons Resort
Whitewater raft by day, stargaze by night at this 58-room, red-rock resort near the Utah-Colorado border.
Set along western Colorado's Dolores River, the 6,000-acre, red-rock Gateway Canyons Resort is ideal for adventurers, thanks to a full roster of adrenaline-pumping activities designed by the hotel owner, John Hendricks, the founder of the Discovery Channel. Hikers head out in search of dinosaur footprints around the Jurassic-era geologic site known as the Morrison Formation; rafters navigate Class V rapids on the Dolores River. In addition to luxe touches in the 58 brightly colored rooms (such as private hot tubs and Bellora Egyptian cotton sheets), there's also an on-site car museum, where Hendricks' own classic car collection is on display.
Don't miss the car collection's main attraction: the sleek 1954 Oldsmobile F-88 concept car.
Take an off-road ride in one of the resort's custom-designed Pro-Baja racing trucks at the Driven Experiences site, about a mile north of the main resort.
Arrive at Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT) which is approximately 50 miles from the resort. Anticipate about 75 minutes of transfer time. You may also elect to arrive at Denver International Airport (DEN) which is approximately 315 miles (5 hours and 15 minutes) from the resort.43200 Colorado 141, Gateway, Colorado, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Spa on Property
- Salon Services
- Outdoor Pool (seasonal)
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Outdoor Activities
- Car Museum
- Adventure Center
- High-definition TVs
- Fireplaces (some)
- Wet Bars
- Mini Refrigerators
- Coffee Makers
- Sitting Areas
- Luxury Toiletries
- Luxury Robes
- Two Restaurants
- 4 person occupancy for both rooms
- $50 nightly resort credit included in rate
Why We Love Gateway
Located in a remote part of western Colorado, Gateway is a little-known hideaway for outdoorsy-types, thanks to its mix of red-rock mountains, whitewater rapids, and desert landscapes.
West Creek Ranch.
Tours from $200.
Outdoor Excursion: Head 20 miles northeast of to The Stables for half- and full-day rides as well as the signature equestrian yoga class, for improved balance.
Where to Eat: Like many of the experiences at the resort, the menu at Entrada Restaurant is inspired by the region's local traditions. But Chef Ron Rhiver also adds a Cuban flair to his dishes, such as the seared scallops with a malanga escabeche.
Dinner for two $60.
Where to Drink: An hour north of the hotel, Grande River Vineyards produces dry white wine and Bordeaux-style red. The winery's Meritage White took gold in the 2012 Denver International Wine Competition.
787 N. Elberta Ave., Palisade, Colorado.
Bottles from $20.
Why Go Now
December 7, 2013
Local crafts displays between 3rd and 7th streets as well as a nighttime Parade of Lights.
Grand Junction, Colorado.
December 6 + 7, 2013
Olde Fashioned Christmas
A gingerbread house contest, covered wagon rides, and pop-up shops selling local art.
December 31, 2013
New Year's Eve Celebration
Bring in the New Year at Gateway Canyons' Entrada Restaurant with a culinary dinner and champagne.
April 13-18, 2014
A quilting conference led by artists like Katie Pasquini Masopust and Valerie S. Goodwin.
Gateway Canyons Resort.