- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
1 of 13 | Next photo
Inn at English Harbour
St. John's, AntiguaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Inn at English Harbour
The 24 suites and four beachside bungalows at Antigua's Inn at English Harbour mix Caribbean charms with the island's grand colonial architecture.
Tucked away on two-dozen acres along Antigua's Freeman's Bay, the Inn at English Harbour is set on a half-mile stretch of private beach, on the southern tip of the island ensconced by verdant hills and palm trees. The 24 suites and four Beach Cabana rooms are done up in a white-on-white color palette, with voile-draped, mahogany-wood canopy beds, and wide verandas. For families, there's a full roster of water activities (snorkeling; sailing; plus lounging at the resort-sized pool), while couples may prefer hot-stone massages at the spa. For dinner, try Italian-Caribbean fusion served on the inn's private jetty.
A complimentary shuttle will take you across the bay to Nelson's Dockyard—a historic port now lined with restaurants, bar, and boutiques.
A plus for value-seekers: daily rates include an English-style buffet and three-course lunch or dinner at either of the hotel's two restaurants.
Awards and RecognitionsBack to Top
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- Travelers' Choice Awards Tripadvisor
Arrive at V.C. Bird International Airport (ANU) which is approximately 4 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 15 minutes of travel time.Perry Bay Main Rd., English Harbour, St. John's, Antigua & Barbuda
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Private Beach
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Jetty
- Beauty Salon
- Lit Tennis Courts
- Golf nearby
- Private Verandas
- Canopy Beds
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Tea or Coffee Makers
- Flat-screen TVs
- iPod Docking Stations
- Internet Access
- In-room Safes
- Beach Towels
- Hair Dryers
- Two Restaurants
- Beachfront Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Max occupancy is 2 per room. Please note this hotel does not accept children under the age of 10
- Welcome drink
- Breakfast and dinner each day
- Taxes and service
Why We Love St. John's
Antigua, in the West Indies, is a beachgoers paradise. In English Harbour, Italian mega-yachts ride at anchor next to wooden sloops, and Tod's sandals outnumber Top-Siders. But there are still undiscovered coves to explore.
Where to Eat: Le Cap Horn doubles as both a French restaurant and a pizzeria. Sit on the more formal side of the dining room for the fish a la plancha, served in a cast-iron skillet.
Dinner for two $30.
Where to Drink: Antigua's yachting crowd converges each night at the recently renovated Admiral's Inn at Nelson's Dockyard. Ask for a table on the terrace and order the bar's signature daiquiri.
Drinks for two $25.
Best Day Trip: Ask the Inn's concierge to arrange a three-hour boat tour to the island's most remote beaches, such as Rendezvous Bay Beach.
Why Go Now
Feb. 7 - 10, 2013
Jolly Harbour Valentine's Regatta
A three-day international sailing competition with boats of all shapes and sizes—and one of the year's splashiest beach parties.
March 26 - Apr. 3, 2013
Antigua & Barbuda Kite Festival
Kite-flying aficionados take to the skies for a week of family-friendly activities. St. John's.
Apr. 27 - May 4, 2013
Antigua Sailing Week
The island's biggest annual event, with world-class races and nighttime revelry, in Nelson's Dockyard.
July 27 - August 6, 2013
This 11-day emancipation celebration includes a parade, steel band competition, colorful costumes, and dancing in the streets.