- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
1 of 5 | Next photo
Hacienda & Ecolodge Morgan's Rock
Playa Ocotal, NicaraguaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Hacienda & Ecolodge Morgan's Rock
A 15-room eco-lodge in Nicaragua's El Aguacate nature reserve, on the country's eastern coast.
Most guests heading to this thatched-roof resort near La Flor National Park pack hiking boots and swimsuits, anticipating the area's tropical forests and Pacific Coast beaches. But some also bring books to donate to the school that Morgan's Rock helps support. The lodge is blazing a trail in Central America's green-tourism industry with its do-the-right-thing ethos. Cathedral ceilings are crafted from responsibly harvested woods; nature guides are recruited from surrounding villages. Expect to unplug: internet and TV's are substituted for 270-square-foot verandas and outdoor showers. Kayak through mangroves as the sun rises, then order almond pancakes and juice squeezed from fruit grown in the property's own gardens.
Sign up for "Breakfast at the Farm," where you'll milk cows, choose your own hen's eggs, and make fresh corn tortillas, followed by a traditional morning breakfast.
From June through December, ask the staff to alert you to nighttime sea turtle sightings.
Arrive at Augusto Cesar Sandino International Airport (MGA) which is approximately 80 miles from the Lodge. Anticipate about 2 hours of travel time.Playa Ocotal, 12 km North of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Eco-responsible Property
- Private Beach
- Infinity Pool
- Tours + Excursions (fee)
- Kids' Activities
- Private Verandas
- Outdoor Day Beds
- Ocean Views
- Complimentary Wifi
- Solar-heated Showers
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- In-room Safes
- In-room Dining
- Rates are based on two people. Up to two children may share accommodation for an additional $111 per child per night.
- Welcome drink
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner with tropical fruit drinks
- All hotel taxes
Why We Love Playa Ocotal
Eco-tourists and surfers flock to this half moon-shaped cove in San Juan del Sur, on Nicaragua's eastern coast, for its 14 pristine beaches and a range of adventure activities (zip lining, fishing, and more).
Avenida El Albanil y La Playa.
Dinner for two $30.
Picnic Spot: From the hotel, take the five-mile hike to Los Miradores—panoramic views of the Pacific Coast and Ometepe Island are worth the effort.
Outdoor Excursion: Book a 90-minute zip-lining excursion with the Da Flying Frog Canopy tour company, and be sure to stay on the lookout for sloths, flying magpies, and a host of tropical birds.
$54 per person, including roundtrip transportation.
Why Go Now
June 1 - December 31, 2013
Ridley and giant leatherback turtles lay their eggs on the beach in La Flor reserve. Get an up-close look with San Juan Del Sur Surf company.
December 8, 2013
A Catholic tradition that celebrates the birth of Mary with beachside fireworks and street parades. Various locations.