- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Vuyani Safari Lodge, Moditlo Private Game Reserve, South Africa
- The Liaison Capitol Hill, Washington, District of Columbia
- Hotel Jerome, an Auberge Resort, Aspen, Colorado
- Casas del XVI, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- The Landings St. Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia, BWI
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Currently no upcoming sales
1 of 14 | Next photo
Powell Butte, OregonEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Brasada Ranch
Fifty cabins and a spa, horseback riding, and golf in Oregon's high desert, surrounded by the dramatic peaks of the Cascades.
Set on a sage-covered rocky butte, the 1,800-acre Brasada Ranch may feel remote (it's about 19 miles from Bend), but its high desert location delivers some of Oregon's best wilderness pursuits, from fishing and horseback riding to downhill skiing in winter. Home base is one of the 50 residential-style cabins, each with a full kitchen and wrap-around deck and barbecue, and all with panoramic valley and Mt. Bachelor views. Kids love the three pools, waterslide, and lazy river; adults wile the day away at the Peter Jacobsen-designed golf course or at the spa—a welcome antidote after a horseback ride on the serpentine trails of the Oregon Badlands wilderness.
Grab a spot on an oversize leather sofa in the hotel's cozy Jefferson Room, which has the resort's best views of the Cascade Peaks (it's also the closest room to the property's fire pit, for late-night s'mores).
The Oregon Badlands Wilderness Area is just beyond the resort's back door, with more than 50 miles of hiking and biking trails.
Arrive at Portland International Airport (PDX) which is approximately 157 miles from the resort. Anticipate about 3 hours and 15 minutes of travel time.16986 Southwest Brasada Ranch Road, Powell Butte, Oregon, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Three Pools
- Lazy River
- Equestrian Trails
- Riding Lessons
- Golf Course
- Spa on Property
- Hot Tub
- Fire Pit
- Gas Fireplaces
- Private Patios or Balconies
- 42" flat-screen TVs
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Connectivity
- Alarm Clocks
- Sitting Areas (most)
- Luxurious Linens + Duvets
- Desks (most)
- Marble Bathrooms
- Large Soaking Tubs (some)
- Snack Refrigerators (some)
- Coffee Makers
- Eco-friendly Bath Products
- Two Restaurants
- 2 person max occupancy
Why We Love Powell Butte
Oregon's picturesque Bend region is located just east of the Cascades Range, in high desert country.
845 NW Delaware St.
Dinner for two $30.
Where to Drink: The Good Drop Wine Shoppe, in downtown Bend, specializes in Oregon wines. Pick up a bottle to drink on-site (no corkage fee), or come for a tasting with some of Oregon's top producers, such as Domaine Drouhin.
141 NW Minnesota Ave.
Where to Shop: Looking for traditional Western gear? Try the historic town of Sisters, about 30 miles northeast of the resort, for a handful of shops selling antiques, quilts, and handcrafted jewelry. Read More
What to Do: Camp Sherman Store, about 50 miles away in the Deschutes National Forest along the Metolius River, rents fly-fishing equipment and offers casting lessons for hooking steelhead and Chinook salmon.
Ctr. & Main St.
Classes from $65.
Why Go Now
April 19, 2014
Earth Day Fair + Parade
Community celebration of sustainable living that includes live music, local food, activities and games for children, non-profit organizations and green businesses.
May 23 - 31, 2014
Central Oregon Beer Week
24 (and counting) breweries and dozens of other businesses and events tailored for craft beer aficionados come together for a weeklong fun event.
June 28-29, 2014
Bite of Bend Food Festival
A two-day food festival geared towards families and foodies, with activities such as a "Top Chef" competition, plus a children's play area and dinner series.