- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
1 of 9 | Next photo
Castle Hill Resort
Proctorsville, VermontEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Castle Hill Resort
Panoramic views, pools, and a spa at a stately estate within an hour's drive of Woodstock, Vermont.
Easy access to ski trails and central Vermont's forested countryside are two reasons to stay at Castle Hill Resort, a cozy hotel on a hillside in Ludlow, an hour south of Woodstock. The other reason? The hotel actually comprises two distinct properties, so it's well suited to any type of traveler. The Castle, a 1902 stone mansion formerly owned by a state governor, is at the heart of the resort, with a mahogany-paneled dining room and 10 guest rooms furnished with four-poster beds and claw-foot tubs. The more family-friendly Pointe Hotel, a contemporary, 96-room hotel steps away, is more casual, with a breakfast-only restaurant and indoor pool. An Aveda spa, gym, and manicured rose gardens round out the experience.
Head to the library on weekends, when a pianist performs American songbook classics and show tunes.
Don't miss the weekend yoga and Pilates classes in the solarium ($10 for 60 minutes); throughout the week, private classes are available on request.
Awards and RecognitionsBack to Top
- Historic Hotels of America
Arrive at Logan International Airport Boston (BOS) which is approximately 162 miles from the resort. Anticipate about 3 hours of travel time.2940 Route 103, Proctorsville/Ludlow, Vermont, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Outdoor Pool
- Sun Deck
- Fitness Center
- Tennis Courts
- Spa Treatments
- Billiard Room
- Individually Designed
- Cable TV
- Internet Access
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- Hair Dryers
- Coffee Makers
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- Event Space
- Max occupancy in the Castle Queen is 2
- Max occupancy in the One Bedroom Luxury Home is 4
- Max occupancy in the Two Bedroom is 8
- $25 credit towards dinner
- $25 credit towards 50- or 80- minute massage
Why We Love Proctorsville
Ludlow, Vermont, just east of Okemo State Forest, has that quintessential New England feel, with quaint galleries, stunning fall foliage, and a nearby ski resort with more than 100 trails on 650 acres.
Route 103 South.
Dinner for two $80.
Where to Drink: Try a pint of Long Trail Ale's IPA at Tom's Loft Tavern, housed in an old red barn. The craft beer is brewed in Bridgewater Corners, a tiny town that's just 20 miles from Ludlow.
300 Mountain Road.
Drinks for two $20.
Top Foodie Excursion: Grafton Village, just 30 minutes east of Ludlow, is one of New England's prettiest spots. Don't miss Grafton Village Cheese Shop, where three kinds of cheddar are made on-site.
533 Townshend Road, Grafton.
Best Day Trip: Head out to see the Quechee Gorge—measuring 165 feet deep and more than a mile long—and the Ottauquechee River. Together, they make up one of Vermont's most spectacular natural attractions.
Route 4, Quechee.
Why Go Now
April 6-8 + 12-14, 2013
Sugar on Snow
Bragg Farms serves its springtime-only dessert, Sugar on Snow: fresh maple syrup served atop a scoop of snow.
Bragg Farms: Route 14 North, East Montpelier.
May 25-26, 2013
Cheese and Dairy Festival
A cheese-filled marketplace descends on Woodstock, Vermont.
June 14 - 16, 2013
Quechee Hot Air Balloon, Craft and Music Festival
Celebrate Father's Day weekend with hot air balloon rides, concerts, crafts, and more.
Quechee Village: 1-802-295-7900