- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
1 of 13 | Next photo
Casa de la Flora
Khao Lak, ThailandEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Casa de la Flora
An ultra-modern beach resort in the small village of Khao Lak on Thailand's western coast, just an hour north of Phuket.
The Thai village Khao Lak occupies a serene swath of Andaman coastline lined by lush rainforest and bordered by crystalline sea. It's there that the low-lying, palm tree-dotted Casa de La Flora resort is set on the white sand. The modern design takes full advantage of the beachfront location: the 36 square-shaped villas have private rainwater plunge pools and floor-to-ceiling glass doors that look out onto the lapping waves. Book some time at the four-room spa, designed with minimalist textures (stark wood walls; carved Thai sculptures), or venture out into the hotel's private mangrove forest for an al fresco massage.
Take advantage of the complimentary on-site bikes rentals and ride three miles into Khao Lak Village—with a box lunch prepared by the hotel, of course.
The "Totally Casa" is a nearly four-hour spa program that includes foot therapy, a Thai herbal steam, and pressure-point therapy ($270).
Arrive at Phuket International Airport (HKT) which is approximately 50 miles from the resort. Anticipate about 90 minutes of travel time.67/213 Moo 5 Khuk Khak, Khao Lak, Phang-nga, Thailand
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Infinity-edge Pool
- Spa on Property
- Fitness Center
- Excursion Concierge
- Business Center
- Private Pools
- Large Flat-screen TVs
- iPod Docking Stations
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Complimentary Mini-Bars
- Pillow Menu
- Espresso Machines
- Bathrobes + Slippers
- Luxury Bath Amenities
- Complimentary Newspaper
- Pool Bar
- Beachfront Restaurant
- In-room Dining
- 2 person max occupancy
- Welcome drinks with cold towel upon arrival
- Complimentary mini-bar replenished daily including soft drink, mineral water, beer, juice
- Complimentary daily sandwiches
- Daily turndown service with traditional desserts
- Fresh fruit served daily
- In-villa entertainment by Apple-Mac mini
- Use of mountain bikes, water sport equipment
- 10% savings towards food only at La Aranya restaurant
- 10% savings towards spa treatments at Spa La Casa
Why We Love Khao Lak
The Thai province of Khao Lak, 60 miles north of better-known beach escape Phuket, is a half-hour drive from outdoor markets in Takua Pa's Old Town and the swimmable Lampi waterfall. A few miles down the road is Khao Lak-Lam Ru National Park for hiking paths and a Buddhist shrine.
67/145 Moo 5
Dinner for two $40.
Where to Drink: Ingfah, owned by Casa de La Flora and located just across the street from the resort, is an open-air space with a glowing bar. Try the Ingfah B52, which features homemade Kahlúa jelly mixed with Baileys ice cream and Cointreau.
67/213 Moo 5.
Drinks for two $12.
Outdoor Excursion: Book a full-day excursion with local tour operator Khao Lak Land Discovery for waterfall swimming, bamboo rafting, an elephant ride, and a guided walk through Khao Lak-Lam Ru National Park.
From $85 per person.
Best Day Trip: The Similan Dive Center in Khao Lak offers day trips to the Similan Islands, one of the world's top diving and snorkeling spots.
From $175 per person.
Why Go Now
April 13-15, 2013
Songkran (New Year)
The Thai New Year is in April; celebrate with drum shows and costumed processions.
October 4-13, 2013
The small town of Takua Pa, a half-hour north of Khao Lak, comes alive with parades, fireworks, and hot-coal walkers.
November 10-16, 2013
Amazing Phang Nga Festival
This festival celebrates the start of the high tourist season with music, dance performances, food stalls, and rowing competitions.
November 17, 2013
Loi Krathong (Light Festival)
Locals place flower- and candle-filled floating vases in the Andaman Sea to offer prayers for good health.
Phang Nga, Thailand.