- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
1 of 12 | Next photo
Hotel San Francesco al Monte
Naples, ItalyEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Hotel San Francesco al Monte
A 16th-century monastery-turned-hotel in the hills of Naples, with sweeping city and sea views.
Vestiges of Naples's 16th-century Santa Lucia al Monte monastery are around every turn at hillside Hotel San Francesco al Monte, a 45-room hotel in the historic landmark's left wing, set among citrus groves and vineyards. The elegant rooms, all former monk cells, are done up in a taupe and mossy green palette with historic archways and religious-themed frescos. There are modern touches too, such as whirlpool tubs and free WiFi. Drink your morning cappuccino outdoors at the fourth-floor La Terrazza dei Barbanti; later, try the seventh-floor rooftop pool terrace, which overlooks the bustling thoroughfare Riviera di Chiaia.
Hop on the funicular at Corso Vittorio Emanuele, a five-minute walk from the hotel, and head towards Augusteo station to get to Naples's historic center.
Ask hotel staff to show you the first section of a secret underground tunnel. Many years ago, it connected the monastery to the city.
Arrive at Naples Airport (NAP) which is approximately 4 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 15 minutes of travel time.Corso Vittorio Emanuele, Naples, Campania, Italy
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Outdoor Pool
- Hot-Water Pool
- Roof Garden
- Flat-screen TVs
- Wifi Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- En-suite Bathrooms
- Hair Dryers
- In-room Safes
- Mini Bars
- Poolside Service
- Outdoor Dining
- Wine Cellar
- Max occupancy in the Executive Sea View is 2
- Max occupancy in the Jr Suite Sea View is 2 adults + 1 child (with additional 30 euros per night)
Why We Love Naples
The southern Italian city of Naples, located in the shadow of still-active Mount Vesuvius, is beloved for its wood-fire pizzerias, Baroque architecture, and labyrinthine, cobblestone streets.
Salita S. Anna di Palazzo 1-2;.
Dinner for two $50.
Where to Drink The Enoteca Belledonne wine bar serves Italian reds by the glass, paired with charcuterie platters. Try an Aglianico, a Campania region specialty.
Vico Belledonne a Chiaia 18.
Drinks for two $40.
Where to Shop: Italian designer Salvatore Ferragamo is a native of Bonito, a small village about an hour's drive northeast (his first shop was in his parent's home). In Naples, his elegant boutique is set near Villa Comunale.
56 Piazza dei Martiri.
Best Day Trip: Book a two-hour guided excursion with local tour operator Napoli Sotterranea, and you'll explore a series of underground tunnels for an up-close look at Naples's geologic history and ancient aqueducts.
Tour for two $25.
Why Go Now
May of Monuments
A month of activities and guided tours that highlight the Naples's museums, parks, and architecture.
May 4-26, 2013
Top international cyclists vie for the leader's pink shirt at this multi-stage cycling race.
June 6-23, 2013
Napoli Theatre Festival Italia
Theater performances take place in underground vaults and historic churches.
September 1, 2013
Marathon of the Capri-Naples Gulf
Swimmers cross the Bay of Naples, from Capri to the beach at Rotonda Diaz.