- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 12 | Next photo
UNA Palazzo Mannaioni
Montaione, ItalyEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At UNA Palazzo Mannaioni
A 47-room Tuscan estate in the medieval town of Montaione, just an hour's drive southwest of Florence.
Stay like Tuscan nobility at this 16th-century palazzo, a 47-room hideaway surrounded by vineyards and olive groves on the edge of a quiet village. Open the heavy wood doors, look up, and you'll be standing below beamed ceilings; beneath your feet, terra-cotta floors lead to a vaulted wine cellar in the rustic stone basement. Throughout, there are antique furnishings (including gilded, lobbyside mirrors), and among the manicured grounds, an outdoor pool and hot tub. The small town of Montaione offers classic countryside experiences, but there are also major draws within an hour's drive, including the wineries of Chianti and Florence's Renaissance masterpieces.
Get a flaky pastry at the hotel to start your day, or end it in the dining room with a Tuscan specialty such as bistecca alla Fiorentina.
Castelfalfi Golf and Country Club, one of Tuscany's premier courses, is just 15 minutes away; the concierge can reserve a tee time.
Arrive at Florence A. Vespucci Airport (FLR) which is approximately 33 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 55 minutes of travel time.Via Marconi, 2, Montaione, Tuscany, Italy
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Golf nearby
- Flat-screen TVs
- Wifi Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Work Desks
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- Mini Bars
- In-room Safes
- Hair Dryers
- Bar + Lounge
- Pool Bar
- Max occupancy in the Classic Room is 2 people
- Max occupancy in the Superior Room is 2 adults + 1 child
- Max occupancy in the Junior Suite is 3 people
- Buffet breakfast
- Bottle of wine
Why We Love Montaione
Situated less than an hour southwest of Florence, Montaione, with its frescoed churches, small olive farms, and vineyards, has a delightfully quiet, medieval charm.
Via Chiarenti 14.
Dinner for two $60.
Where to Drink: Surrounded by vineyards that date back to the 16th century, Villa da Filicaja is the place for a glass of Poderi da Filicaja, a Sangiovese-Canaiolo blend.
Poggio all'Aglione 25.
Drinks for two $25.
History Tour: Falisca II vineyards hosts Chianti Farmer tours that include seasonal farm activities—such as pruning and bending vines and selecting grapes—tours of the wine cellar, and four-course dinners with wine pairings.
Via Sciano 331, Certaldo.
From $77 per person.
Best Day Trip: More than 70 stone towers built by rival noble families in the 13th and 14th centuries comprise the UNESCO World Heritage site of San Gimignano. Now, just the 14 surviving buildings make up the unique skyline, all just 30 minutes from Montaione.
Why Go Now
November 15 - 17 & 22 - 24, 2013
National Festival of the White Truffle
The town of San Miniato located halfway between Pisa and Florence is the center of white truffle zone and hosts an annual festival that attracts truffle enthusiasts from around the world.
Main square in the city center of San Miniato.
November 30 - December 8, 2013
New Florence Biennale
International art event focusing on the contemporary and this year dedicated to artists under the age of 30.
Fortezza di Basso, Florence.
December 22 - 24, 2013
Mercato di Natale
Storied seasonal Christmas holiday market in the historic center of Certaldo near Florence.