- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
1 of 13 | Next photo
Jewel Runaway Bay
Runaway Bay, JamaicaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Jewel Runaway Bay
Runaway Bay's white-sand shores are blissfully less crowded than those of nearby Ocho Rios. Private beaches, a championship golf course, and daily children's programs make the recently rebranded Jewel Runaway Bay an all-inclusive retreat for the entire family.
Formerly an adults-only Breezes, this all-inclusive resort on the shores of Runaway Bay in Saint Ann Parish was rebranded as a family-friendly property in late 2012. Skylights brighten the mahogany-trimmed lobby, as do the orchid garden and small water feature that flows near the front desk. Guestrooms follow the old-world theme, with mahogany furniture and valances contrasting against sheer white curtains and white duvets. Some rooms also have upgraded perks like ocean views, plunge pools, and butler service. Kids dress up like pirates or princesses at the Kid's Club, while teens play video games and sip mocktails in the Teen Center. For adults, there's a 72-par, 18-hole golf course designed by British Major John Harris and the Radiant Spa.
Indulge in the Caribbean Coffee Body Polish treatment, a scrub made of Jamaica's local Blue Mountain Coffee and brown sugar, either at the spa or in a private cabana on a secluded stretch of shore.
Take the family for a ride in a glass-bottom boat for a close-up view of Runaway Bay's coral reef and native underwater creatures like lionfish, snapper, and turtles.
Arrive at Sangster International Airport (MBJ) in Montego Bay which is approximately 45 miles from the resort. Anticipate about 70 minutes of travel time.Runaway Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Beach Access
- Three Outdoor Pools
- Pool Concierge
- 18-hole Golf Course
- Spa on Property
- Fitness Center
- Tennis Courts
- Teen Center
- Kids' Club
- Activities + Tours
- Air Conditioning
- Private Balconies
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Alarm Clocks
- CD Players
- Cable TV
- In-room Safes
- Hair Dryers
- Iron & Ironing Boards
- Coffee Makers
- Five Restaurants
- Five Bars + Lounges
- Swim-up Bar
- Pool + Piano Bar
- In-Room Dining
- Rates are based on 2 people sharing. Up to 1 adult or two children may share accommodation for an additional charge of $50 per child per night (age 6 - 16), $120 per night for adults. No charge for children under 5.
- Complimentary airport transfers
- Unlimited dining and beverages in all restaurants and bars
- Complimentary green fees at the 18-hole Runaway Bay Golf Club
- Non-motorized water and land sports
- Nightly entertainment
Why We Love Runaway Bay
Runaway Bay is just over an hour's drive from Sangster International Airport. Its white-sand shores, crystal-clear waters, and pristine reefs are only a 15-minute drive from the Bob Marley Mausoleum, the reggae star's childhood home and final resting place.
Drax Hall, Ocho Rios.
Dinner for two $20.
Water Excursion: Swim with dolphins, touch stingrays, and walk through jungle trails at Dolphin Cove in Ocho Rios, just off Dunn's River Falls, a 20-minute drive. Reserve this popular experience through the hotel's on-site tour company, Jamaica Tours Limited, in advance.
$218 per person.
Outdoor Excursion: Get a bird's eye view of Jamaica's forests, rivers, and mountains during a zip line canopy tour in Ocho Rios, a 20-minute drive.
Best Day Trip: See how Jamaican rum is made during a tour of the Appleton Estate Rum Factory, which has brewed the island's signature spirit since 1749. This full-day excursion includes a boat ride along the Black River for crocodile spotting and a stop at Y.S. Falls.
Jamaica Tours Limited.
$110 per person.
Why Go Now
June 8-16, 2013
International Jamaica Ocho Rios Jazz Festival
International and local jazz artists descend upon Ocho Rios for nine festive days of concerts.
July 21-27, 2013
More than 30,000 people enjoy beach parties and performances during this weeklong music festival in Montego Bay (47 miles away).
Every July, the Jamaica National Heritage Trust celebrates Jamaica's heritage and the emancipation of African slaves.
Seville Heritage Park (27 miles away).
August 1-5, 2013
Jamaica International Reggae Film Festival
Documentaries, animations, short films, and music videos explore the history of Jamaican culture in Kingston (65 miles away).