- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 9 | Next photo
Lake Placid, New YorkEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Whiteface Lodge
This elegant, woodland 94-suite lodge, about five hours north of New York City, offers a rustic but deluxe resort experience in Lake Placid, abutting the six-million-acre Adirondack Park.
Nestled among the high peaks of famous Adirondacks Winter Olympics village in Lake Placid, this rustic 94-suite mountain resort doesn't skimp on luxury or services. Styled after an Adirondack Great Camp, the lofty three-story, wood-beamed lobby exudes elite huntsman charm with antler chandeliers and birch-bark furniture. Skiing, fly fishing, ice skating, and canoeing are close at hand, or you can relax in a heated indoor/outdoor pool and the 5,800-square-foot spa with a long menu of treatments like the apple cider body masque or four-handed massage. Romantic stone fireplaces warm diners in the market-driven Kanu restaurant, while kids enjoy activities in Kamp Kanu by day and the Sunset Club at night—including evening s'mores. Wood-paneled suites have handmade Adirondack-style furniture, with cast-iron fireplaces, slate floors, and a private cedar-mahogany balcony; bathrooms come equipped with jetted-tubs and radiant-heat floors.
In summer, be sure to check out the Canoe Club, the Lodge's private beach area on Lake Placid for boating, tubing, and other aquatic fun.
Two fully furnished cigar & cognac lean-tos—normally more like shacks—with stunning views are luxuriously updated with a fire pit, electricity, and phone service so guests can request delivery of 25 single-malt scotches and a high-end, imported cigar menu.
Arrive at Burlington International Airport (BTV) which is approximately 65 miles from the lodge. Anticipate about 2.5 hours of travel time. You may also opt to arrive at Adirondack Regional Airport (SLK) which is approximately 16 miles (25 minutes) away from the lodge.7 Whiteface Inn Rd, Lake Placid, New York, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Indoor/Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Spa on Property
- Health + Fitness Center
- Kids' Camp
- Waterfront Activities
- 56-seat Movie Theater
- Tennis Courts
- Family Game Room
- Seasonal Ice Skating Rink
- Catch-and-Release Fishing Pond
- Handmade Furniture
- Private Balconies
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- Jetted Bathtubs
- Heated Floors
- Beachside Grill
- Ice Cream Parlor
- Live Entertainment
- Nightly Bonfire
- Max occupancy in the One-Bedroom Superior is 2 adults + 2 children
- Max occupancy in the Two-Bedroom Suites is 4 adults + 2 children
- Breakfast each morning
- Resort fee
Why We Love Lake Placid
From the vast Olympic Sports Complex offering tours and activities, to hitting the ski slopes of Whiteface Mountain, hiking, mountain biking, trout and bass fishing, and canoeing, Lake Placid is an outdoor sports paradise.
144 Lodge Way.
Dinner for two $150.
Where to Drink: Get a taste of top Adirondack microbrews at the Lake Placid Pub & Brewery, home of Ubu Ale, one of Bill Clinton's favorites.
813 Mirror Lake Dr.
Drinks for two $16, sampler $14.
Outdoor Excursion: Experience the Adirondacks wilderness in the most classic way—paddling by canoe, with a professional guide, through Lake Placid or for a picnic on an island on nearby Saranac Lake.
2739 Main St.
Full-day guided canoe trip from $300.
Best Adrenaline Rush: Spend the day at the Olympic Sports Complex and zoom down an icy Lake Placid bobsled run with a professional driver and brakeman on a track used by Olympians.
2634 Main St.
Why Go Now
June 15 - September 3, 2013
Summer Gondola Rides
A summer gondola ride on an eight-person Cloudsplitter Gondola goes from the Main Base Lodge to the top of Little Whiteface.
June 14 - 16, 2013
Wilmington Whiteface Bike Fest
This biking event includes a mix of uphill, downhill, serious competition, and family fun, plus demonstrations of stunts and tricks.
Whiteface Mountain Bike Park.
May 17 + May 18, 2013
14th Annual Ausable River Two-Fly Challenge
Join fly-fishing enthusiasts for this annual challenge and banquet 20 minutes north on the scenic West Branch of the Ausable River in Wilmington.
May 24-October 14, 2013 May 17 + May 18, 2013
Great Wilderness, Great Expectations: Masterworks from the Adirondack Museum
About an hour's drive south, see works depicting the Adirondack landscape over more than two centuries.
Blue Mountain Lake.