- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 11 | Next photo
Baa Atoll, MaldivesEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Soneva Fushi
A luxury retreat that's a 30-minute seaplane ride from the Maldives capital of Malé, Soneva Fushi offers the utmost privacy in an unspoiled environment.
This luxury resort on the uninhabited island of Kunfunadhoo in the Baa Atoll encourages its guests to spend their entire vacations barefoot. Surrounded by dense tropical foliage, each of the 65 villas has beach access, and some also have private saltwater pools. The interiors are furnished with all-natural materials such as wood, cotton, and wicker, and the bathtubs and showers are set in an enclosed garden area. Four restaurants serve a variety of cuisines, including Mediterranean and Peruvian-Japanese fusion. There's also a spa, an outdoor movie theater, and a garden observatory with high-powered telescopes.
Ask your personal butler—each is nicknamed Mr. or Ms. Friday—about arranging a romantic dinner, followed by luxury camping on one of the three uninhabited islands, a 20-minute speedboat ride away. Breakfast will be brought to you by boat the next morning (fees apply).
Sip champagne and nibble canapés from the deck of a dhoni (a traditional Maldivian boat) on one of the resort's 90-minute sunset dolphin-watching cruises, available upon request (fees apply).
You'll be charged an additional two-percent carbon tax on top of the room bill—the money goes toward projects designed to reduce carbon emissions around the world.
Arrive at Malé International Airport (MLE), from where you will have a 30-minute sea plane transfer to Soneva Fushi International Airport.4/3 Saamutheri, Magu, Baa Atoll, Kunfunadhoo Island, North Province, Maldives
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Beach Access
- Spa on Property
- Outdoor Movie Theater
- Garden Observatory
- Cooking Classes
- Kids Activities
- Wine Tasting
- Tours + Excursions
- Private Pools (some)
- Outside Sitting Areas (most)
- Garden Showers or Tubs
- Stereo Systems
- TVs perd request
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Mini Bars
- In-room Safes
- Four Restaurants
- Two Bars
- Outdoor Dining
- Beach Dining
- Wine Cellar
- In-Villa Dining
- Rates are based on two people. Up to 1 child may share accommodates for an additional $74 per night
- Welcome drink
- Bottle of champagne
Why We Love Baa Atoll
These remote Indian Ocean islands are characterized by pristine turquoise water and low-key development that lets the beauty of the natural surroundings take center stage.
Dinner for two $140.
Where to Drink: Lounge in a hammock at Bar(a)bara over the water with a drink in your hand and sea turtles swimming beneath you. Sip wine from the resort's 7,000-bottle reserve, which includes Pol Roger Champagne selected by the sommelier.
Drinks for two from $40.
Best Snorkeling: Instructors from the on-site Soleni Dive Centre guide small groups through several of the 30 dive sites near the resort for two-hour excursions (fees apply).
Best Day Trip: Explore the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Marine Conservation Area and learn about the local culture, traditional transportation, cuisine, and lifestyle of the Maldives. The tour stops at some of the best reefs for snorkeling and a picnic.
Two-hour tour arranged through Mr. and Ms. Fridays (fees apply).
Why Go Now
May to October
Manta rays and (sometimes) whale sharks feed in a sheltered bay, a short boat ride away from Soneva Fushi. Once a week, a two-hour guided tour of the area lets guests snorkel with them (fees apply).
July 26, 2013
Maldives Independence Day
Maldivians celebrate their independence from Britain with a parade in the capital of Malé, as well as traditional music and dance.
August 8-13, 2013
The end of Ramadan is celebrated in the Maldives with outdoor concerts, sporting events, drumming, dancing, and a parade in the capital of Malé.