- Casa Madrona, Sausalito, California
- Hotel Villa Fiesole, Fiesole-Florence, Italy
- Sandy Haven Resort, Negril, Jamaica
- Ventana Inn, Big Sur, California
- Balaji Palace at Playa Grande, Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic
1 of 13 | Next photo
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
Ixtapa, MexicoEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
Relaxing on the beach, staying fit with yoga or tennis, or keeping the children busy with kids' club activities, this all-inclusive Pacific Coast resort, about a 3½-hour flight from Los Angeles, is all about options.
An all-inclusive hotel in the Club Med tradition, this 313-room beachside resort offers a full slate of activities. Spacious rooms and suites are designed for comfort, with tile floors and casual furniture. Zumba, parasailing, and salsa dancing can help burn the calories from the beachside buffets, but for those who wish only to unwind, beach cabanas and four outdoor pools beckon, and the spa offers treatments indoors or at open-air palapas on the beach. All-inclusive means full access to the resort's four restaurants and three bars, which serve everything from pizza to Mexican fare. Children's activities are wide-ranging, from tennis to archery to trapeze swinging, divided by age. With the beach at its doorstep, the hotel will arrange excursions by sea kayak and sailboat, and the town of Zihuatanejo is just a 15-minute cab ride if shopping and local culture top your agenda.
Beach cabanas are free to use, but it's best to arrive at the beach by 7:30 a.m. to secure one.
Sailing lessons are among the resort's free activities, offered twice daily.
Arrive at Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo International Airport (ZIH) which is approximately 15 miles from the resort. Anticipate about 30 minutes of travel time.Playa Quieta 40, Ixtapa, Mexico
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Beach Access
- Beach Cabanas
- Four Outdoor Pools
- Spa Treatments
- Adult Activities
- Children's Activities
- Babysitting Service
- Flat-screen TVs
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- MP3 Players
- Air Conditioning
- Mini Fridges
- Coffee Machines
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- Bath Tubs + Showers
- Hair Dryers
- In-room Safes
- Four Restaurants
- Three Bars
- Pool Bar + Lounge
- In-Room Dining
- Rates for the Oceanview Suite and Deluxe Room with Balcony are for two people. One infant (under age 2) may share accommodation for an additional $67.50 per stay.
- Rates for Oceanview Family Suite and Deluxe Family Room with Balcony are for two adults + 2 children
- Round trip airfare from LAX to ZIH, including transport tax
- Ground transfers from the airport to the resort
- All meals and beverages, including premium drinks and snacks
- Most activities, including nightly entertainment and a wide variety of land and water sports
- Active and enriching children's programs for age 4-17 years are included in your rate. For kids under 4, the Baby and Petit Clubs are available for an additional $90 per night or 540 per week
- Taxes Please note this is a 7-night minimum stay, for a Saturday- to Saturday arrival and departure.
**Because air transfers are included, please use your complete name (first, last and middle if applicable) as it appears on your passport when booking your stay, and include your date of birth in the "Special Requests" field ***Club Med Membership fees of $60 per adults and $30 per child are additional and not included in your Vacationist subtotal.
Why We Love Ixtapa
With the mountains in the background and the calm Pacific on the horizon, Ixtapa is the ultimate Mexican beach vacation, with fantastic snorkeling, decadent dining, and plenty of activities for families and couples. Direct flights are available from Los Angeles.
Playa la Madera, Zihuatanejo.
Dinner for two $80.
Where to Drink: Watch the sun set over the bay with a cool drink and live entertainment at El Faro Piano Bar, a replica lighthouse on the marina, about 20 minutes from the hotel by car. Try a margarita made with top-shelf tequila.
Paseo de la Colina, Zihuatanejo.
Drinks for two $25.
Best Local Shopping: A 15-minute taxi ride from the hotel, Mercado de Artesanías includes over a hundred stalls packed with handcrafts, leather sandals, and souvenirs. Open from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. weekdays.
Calle Cinco de Mayo, Zihuatanejo.
Best Day Trip: A 10-minute boat ride off the coast, Isla Ixtapa is known as the best snorkeling in the region. Calm waters and reefs close to the shore make this an easy introduction to the sport.
$37 per adult, includes hotel pick up and a picnic lunch.
Why Go Now
May 3-5, 2013
International Sailfishing Tournament
This annual event draws sport-fishing enthusiasts from around the world, competing for the biggest haul of sailfish, marlin, and mahi mahi.
June 1, 2013
Navy Day (Día de la Marina)
In Mexican coastal cities, Navy Day honors the country's boating heritage. Head to the marina in Zihuatanejo to watch the fireworks and decorated boats.
June 8, 2013
ITU Triathlon Pan American Cup Triathlon
World-class athletes gather to run, bike, and swim along the shore terrain. Those who haven't trained can enjoy it from the sidelines.
$95 entry fee.
Free for spectators.