- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Vuyani Safari Lodge, Moditlo Private Game Reserve, South Africa
- The Liaison Capitol Hill, Washington, District of Columbia
- Hotel Jerome, an Auberge Resort, Aspen, Colorado
- Casas del XVI, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- The Landings St. Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia, BWI
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Currently no upcoming sales
1 of 17 | Next photo
The Resort at Isla Palenque
Isla Palenque, PanamaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At The Resort at Isla Palenque
Set on a pristine 400-acre jungle island in the Gulf of Chiriquí, this sustainable resort features 16 luxury rooms nestled between old-growth trees.
One of the few destinations yet to be explored, Isla Palenque off Panama's West coast defines the new trend of jungle-chic. Each comfortable room boasts floor-to-ceiling windows, bamboo floors and sliding walls to grant access to the ocean breeze. Original works crafted from driftwood by local artists lend an indigenous flair. Head out to discover the island on your own on well-marked hiking trails or opt for one of the numerous excursions offered by the resort and lead by eco-guides. Be sure to tap their wealth of knowledge about flora, fauna and even some local mythological lore. But don't forget to relax - choose from a sparkling two-tiered pool complete with waterfall or the open-air Palm Grove spa.
Stuck in a rut with your workout routine? Immerse yourself in the island feeling and partake in a 7-day circuit of early morning classes, which range from beachfront yoga to weight training with coastal rocks.
Don't worry about having to brown-bag it while exploring. Resort staff will prepare a gourmet lunch or snack and even deliver it to you.
Arrive at Panama City Tocumen International Airport (PTY) and connect to a local flight to David Enrique Malek International Airport (DAV). Upon arrival you will be greeted by Resort staff and enjoy a 50-minute scenic boat ride to Isla Palenque (surcharge).Isla Palenque, David, Chiriquí, Panama
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Infinity Pool
- Wading Pool
- Spa Treatments
- Jungle Hiking Trails
- Fitness Circuit
- Yoga Sessions
- Guided Tours
- Ocean Excursions
- Organic Farming
- No TVs
- Air Conditioning
- Sitting Areas
- Floor-to-ceiling Windows
- Moveable Walls
- Outdoor Showers
- Complimentary Wifi Access
- Complimentary in-room iPad
- In-room Safes
- Two Restaurants
- Beachfront Dining
- Beach Bar
- Poolside Service
- Culinary Events
- 2 person max occupancy
- Welcome drink
Why We Love Isla Palenque
Diverse terrain and multiple ecosystems promote an extraordinary degree of biodiversity on this island sanctuary. Pristine jungle wilderness and hidden beaches provide guests with the perfect idyll.
Where to Drink: Try the expertly prepared Pisco Sour—a classic Latin American cocktail—at the resort's Las Rocas Bar by the beach. It's made with juice from organic limes harvested on the island. Add an umbrella to your drink if you must.
Outdoor Excursion: For stellar swimming and snorkeling, select the Island-Hopping trip to Islas Secas. The crystalline water offers excellent visibility of schools of fish around coral outcrops. With a bit of luck you can also spot manta rays, sea turtles and lobster.
Why Go Now
January 10 - 21, 2014
Boquete Fair of Flowers and Coffee
Famous for its competitive coffee tastings and artful flower displays, this fair takes place in the highlands about 40 miles of Isla Palenque.
Boquete, Chiriquí, Panama.
January13 - 18, 2014
Panama City Jazz Festival
Performances by national and internationally acclaimed genre artists at venues across town.
February 28 - March 4, 2014
The city comes to a stand-still and goes out partying at brightly coloured parades, street parties, fireworks, dancing and music performances.