- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 16 | Next photo
Aqua Wellness Resort
Playa Le Redonda, NicaraguaEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Aqua Wellness Resort
Relax in luxury and rejuvenate in nature at Aqua, where some of the sustainable treetop villas include infinity plunge pools with dramatic mountain, forest, or Pacific Ocean views.
Situated along the curve of a white-sand beach on Nicaragua's scenic Redonda Bay, Aqua Wellness Resort is an eco-friendly boutique hotel, approximately 75 miles south of Managua International Airport (MGA). The 18-villa resort opened in 2011 amid a travel boom in nearby Playa Gigante, a pristine beach town that has become one of the world's top spots to surf and chill out. The resort is built atop a steep hill, so steps are everywhere among the lush rainforest trails. Each villa was handcrafted using local hardwoods, and most include wrap-around wooden decks, living rooms, separate bedrooms, Balinese outdoor showers, and full kitchens. Chef Ben Slow oversees the kitchen and the resort's very own Pan de Vida bakery for the organic breakfasts, lunches, and dinners (think sopa de mondongo). Aqua also has a large outdoor yoga platform (for complimentary twice-daily yoga and meditation classes), a small spa, and complimentary water-sports equipment and beach gear.
Surfing village Playa Gigante is a 20-minute walk through the forests and sand. Opt for a one-way taxi ride into town for $10, or hire a private driver for a trip to the local market to stock up on provisions for $40 roundtrip.
For an excellent workout and jaw-dropping panoramic views, hike directly from the resort for about 45 minutes up to Nicaragua's famous landmark, Pie de Gigante (Foot of The Giant). The steep path can be difficult with loose dirt, so this is recommended only for advanced hikers.
Arrive at Augusto Cesar Sandino International Airport Managua (MGA) which is approximately 75 miles from the resort. Anticipate about 2.5 hours of travel time. Transfers available through resort. Please contact property for further details.Playa Le Redonda, Tola, Rivas, Nicaragua
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Beach Access
- Beachside Loungers
- Spa Service
- Outdoor Yoga Deck
- Wellness Retreats
- Water Sports Equipment
- Wrap-around Decks
- Private Plunge Pools
- Separate Living Rooms
- Air Conditioning
- Full Kitchens
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- Mini Bars
- Organic Restaurant
- Beachside Bar
- Hearth Oven Bakery
- Rates are for two people. Some units have futons which can accommodate p to 1 additional child for an extra $20 per child per night
- Welcome drink
- Group yoga classes
- Kayak and Snorkel gear
Why We Love Playa Le Redonda
Fast becoming the jet set's new playground, Nicaragua's Playa Gigante region offers a scenic Pacific coastline, forest-covered mountains, fresh-water lakes, and a thriving surf culture.
Where to Drink: Blue Sol is the local watering hole in sleepy Playa Gigante. Try a native Toña beer or a refreshing mojito, which comes with fresh citrus and mint sprigs.
Central Playa Gigante.
Drinks for two $15.
Best Shopping: Book a 90-minute taxi ride ($180 roundtrip) to meander the artisan market in the remote village of Masaya for handcrafted goods at bargain prices, as well as views of its volcanic crater and lagoon. Don't miss Jueves de Verbena. Held on Thursdays in Masaya's central market, this weekly celebration includes traditional food, plus music and dancing.
Best Day Trip: With 24-hour notice, the concierge can book a day trip to UNESCO World Heritage Site Ometepe Island. A private guide transports guests about 32 miles along scenic country roads to Lake Nicaragua's Ometepe ferry. Once on the island, enjoy a waterfall hike, swimming, or ziplining.
From $89 per person.
Why Go Now
ISA World Junior Surfing Championship
Sponsored by the International Surfing Association, expect fierce and dazzling competition from some of the world's best male and female surfers under the age of 18.
July 19, 2014
This nationwide celebration marks the day in 1979 that the Somoza dictatorship was defeated by the National Liberation Army in the Nicaraguan Revolution.
Around the country.
August 1, 2014
One of the most popular of Nicaraguan holidays, it features fireworks, parades, traditional music, dancing and food.
All around the country.