- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 10 | Next photo
Cortijo el Carligto
Málaga, SpainEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Cortijo el Carligto
Perched on a hilltop in the La Maroma mountains overlooking the Mediterranean coastline of Malága, Cortijo el Carligto offers luxurious and utterly private seclusion.
Built on the former site of a 15th-century Spanish farmhouse, Cortijo el Carligto is a private estate comprised of two large villas, which are surrounded by groomed gardens and exude typically Andalusian rustic charm. Villa El Carligto features four bedrooms plus four bathrooms (two en-suite), living room, four indoor/outdoor fireplaces and even an outdoor kitchen. The villa is furnished with Suzani tapestries, French and Spanish antiques and offers several terraces. It also has an outdoor pool with a shaded patio and an outdoor shower. Guests will enjoy exquisite meals prepared by a personal chef. Personalize your stay further with options such as guided excursions or a gourmet cooking class with the chef.
Be sure to make use of El Carligto's spa cabana for al fresco treatments such as a relaxing aromatherapy massage.
During your stay, you have access to the kitchen herb and vegetable garden—take the opportunity to harvest some fresh ingredients for home cooking.
Arrive at Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport (AGP) which is approximately 44 miles from the estate. Anticipate about 70 minutes of travel time.Loma de Caceria S/N, Canillas de Aceituno, Andalucia, Spain
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Private Country Estate
- Separate Villa
- Private Terraces
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Outdoor Pool
- Fully-equipped Kitchen
- Living Room
- Dining Room
- Summer Kitchen
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Indoor/Outdoor Fireplaces
- Spa Cabana (Treatments optional)
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Flat-screen TVs
- Satellite TV
- Air Conditioning
- Under-floor Heating
- Weekly Maid Service
- Wine Tasting Tours
- Culinary Course + Tours
- Tours + Activities
- Rates are for up to 8 people, in four rooms
- Welcome tapas and wine tasting, plus dinner on the night of your arrival
- Welcome hamper of basic food provisions
- Services of a private chef for breakfast and your choice of lunch and dinner each day (cost of groceries not included
- Daily maid service
- Shopping service (cost of goods not included)
- 24-hour concierge service
Why We Love Málaga
Revered as a prime European destination for sun seekers, Malága at the Costa del Sol offers a myriad of shopping, nightlife and entertainment options. These modern amenities are offset by many architectural reminders of the region's remarkable history and its softly rolling hills dotted with olive and peach tree groves.
Dinner + drinks for two $50.
Avenida Andalucia S/N, 29716 Canillas de Aceituno.
Best Tapas Bar: Visit Velez-Malága and follow the locals to Taperia Capri; a small establishment offering a wide variety of the popular canapés. Let your server guide you through the choices. Try the vol-au-vent de zamburiñas (puff pastry with bay scallop ragu fin) and pair with a mug of Victoria, a pale lager beer brewed in Malága since 1928.
Alcalde Juan Barranquero, 29700 Velez-Malága.
+34 952 503 499
Where to Shop: On the first Sunday of the month, drive about 70 minutes west to Malága to stroll around the Mercadillo de Baños del Carmen on the ocean promenade of El Palo. Find one-of-a-kind locally crafted artwork along with vintage items plus a growing section dedicated to organic produce.
Quitapena S/N, Playas del Palo, 29017 Málaga.
+34 685 509 902
Outdoor Excursion: Only 1½ hours east of Cortijo lies the city of Granada whose history was characterized by Moorish and Spanish influences. Be sure to visit major sights such as the Alhambra, the Cathedral and Royal Chapel as well as some of the city's colorful neighborhoods like Sacromonte. Give your historic tour a hip approach and rent a Segway—it makes climbing hills a cinch.
Tour on Segway: Carcel Alta, 5, 18009 Granada.
+34 627 390 785
Why Go Now
July 21, 2013
La Virgen del Carmen
Partake in this religious festival where fishermen in Costa del Sol's towns parade the much-loved effigy of the virgin through the streets. The celebration culminates in spectacular fireworks displays.
August 17 - 24, 2013
Féria de Malága
A colorful spectacle, which sees the whole city partying with fancy dress costumes, traditional Spanish music and Flamenco dancing and general merry making.
August 22 - 25, 2013
VIII Festival Frigiliana 3 Culturas
Free concerts and events in the town of Frigiliana, including a tapas trail €1.50 per tapas and drink at various bars in town. (Complete the trail, get a t-shirt.)