- La Placencia Resort, Placencia Village, Belize
- Le Montrose Suites West Hollywood, Los Angeles, California
- Deep Blue, Providencia Island, Colombia
- Belmond El Encanto, Santa Barbara, California
- Villa del Palmar Cancun, Playa Mujeres (Cancún), Mexico
- Laluna, Saint George's, Grenada
- Hotel Marquis Faubourg, Paris, France
1 of 15 | Next photo
Sonesta Maho Beach All Inclusive Resort & Casino
St. Maarten, AntillesEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Sonesta Maho Beach All Inclusive Resort & Casino
Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino overlooks the Caribbean and offers its guests the greatest variety of resort amenities on the island ranging from a plethora of outdoor activities, including water sports, to a serene spa and nightly entertainment.
Centrally located in Maho Village on a white-sand beach, resort guests have access to a multitude of boutique shops, the island's most popular nightclub, Tantra Sanctuary, as well as a 14,000 square foot casino. All of the 534 air-conditioned rooms have a fresh, modern décor and private, furnished balconies. The resort has two distinctly different outdoor pools to accommodate your preference: Oasis, which draws lively crowds playing water basketball or bellying up to the swim-up bar, and Ocean View which offers some tranquility to the sound of crashing waves. You may opt to participate in activities like beach volleyball or take a sunrise morning walk, an aqua aerobics or dance class. If you'd rather while away time at the full-service spa, try a Couples Rendezvous massage treatment utilizing chocolate and strawberry oil. Sonesta also offers a number of dining options including Ocean Terrace, boasting an amply sized buffet and Mimosas for Sunday brunch, and The Point, a more posh choice serving surf and turf. Bonus for families: The resort has a Kids Club with supervised games on the beach or by the pool, so parents can get a breather.
For a different take on breakfast, make your way to Zee Best Bakery about 2 miles up the road. They have a fabulous selection of fresh-baked flaky French pastries. We recommend the almond chocolate croissant. Read More
Take a half-mile walk to Mullet Bay, a popular family beach with crystalline water second to none on the island.
Arrive at Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM) which is approximately 2 miles from the resort. Anticipate about 10 minutes of travel time.1 Rhine Drive, Maho Bay, Lowlands, St. Maarten
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- 2 Pools
- 4 Tennis Courts
- Spa on Property
- Fitness Center
- Water Sports
- Daytime Activities Program
- Kids' Club
- Excursions Concierge
- Private Balcony or Terrace
- Chairs + Tables
- Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Flat-screen TVs
- Satellite TV
- Glass-enclosed Showers
- Rain Shower Heads
- Luxury Bath Amenities
- Mini Fridges
- Coffee Makers
- In-room Safes
- 5 Restaurants
- Sports Bar + Pub
- Swim-up Pool Bar
- 5 Bars + Lounges
- Outdoor Dining
- Nightly Entertainment
- Rates are based on 2 people. Max occupancy is 2 adults + 2 children sharing existing bedding. Children under 11 are free of charge, $45 per night surcharge applies for children aged 12-17.
- Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks each day at five restaurants and five bars
- Unlimited international and domestic premium beer and spirits, fruit drinks and soft drinks
- Mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, bottled water
- $20 in match bets per person over 18 for the resort's Casino Royale
- A lively Kids Club designed for children ages 4 to 12 with supervised indoor and outdoor activites
- Guest Pass to Sonesta Great Bay for a day of beach relaxing, sun basking and dining al fresco
- Reservations at resort restaurants
- Nightly theme parties and live entertainment
- Endless daytime activities: aerobics, bocce ball, board games, darts, jogging trail, ping-pong, snorkeling, tennis and water aerobics
- Hotel taxes and gratuitues
Why We Love St. Maarten
The tiny island of St. Maarten is dotted with an abundance of white-sand beaches lapped by turquoise waves, which render it a prime destination for water sports, fishing and diving. The island embodies a mix of Caribbean hospitality and European flair reflected in eclectic nightlife (infused with West-Indian music), international cuisine and high-end shopping.
101 Welfare Road, Simpson Bay.
Where to Drink: Located on yet another picture-perfect St. Maarten beach at Simpson Bay, Karakter hits the spot best with a frozen guavaberry cocktail (a St. Maarten specialty), but also has an impressive international wine list. Order at the VW Beach bus converted to a bar. Cocktails for two $20.
Simpson Bay Road 121, Simpson Bay.
Where to Shop: St. Maarten is a duty-free zone, and for the best shopping on the island, head over to Philipsburg (just a 25 minute drive east) where you'll find great deals especially for fine jewelry, watches and gemstones.
Outdoor Excursion: You've always wanted to scuba, but never got around to taking a course? Here's your chance to experience the Caribbean under-water world via sea trekking. Using air-fed divers' helmets, walk the ocean floor and see shipwrecks, sunken cannons and have a tête-à-tête with a variety of coral and other marine life.
2.5-hour excursion $115.
Bobby's Marina, Philipsburg.
Why Go Now
December 1 - 7, 2013
Miss Caraïbes Hibiscus
The Caribbean's most popular beauty pageant plus exhibitions and various events drawing contestants from other islands and South America.
Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, St. Maarten.
December 21, 2013
Grand-Case Lighting Parade
Travel 10 miles northeast to see impressively lighted, colorfully decorated floats go down the boulevard.
Grand-Case Boulevard, Grand-Case, St. Maarten.
January 14 - April 8, 2014
St. Maarten Carnival
Fun entertainment, parades and numerous events mark the period leading up to the Easter Holy Week.
All around the island.