- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 8 | Next photo
Houston, TexasEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Hotel Derek
Trending now with a newly hip approach in Houston's Loop only half a mile from the 400-store Galleria shopping mecca.
Leather couches and dark wood accents in the lobby plus contemporary artwork and original photography by Arthur Meyerson gracing the walls constitute Hotel Derek's urban chic Lone Star-style. In the airy rooms, bold splashes of orange paired with lively patterns, banquette-style settees and floor-to-ceiling windows underscore the hotel's modern carefree vibe. Catch some rays on the rooftop terrace beside the splash pool and sip a classic Mojito to gild that perfect moment. Houston's last independent boutique hotel offers guests a 24-hour business center and an on-site gym. Dine at red-tinged Vin Bar headed by Chef Shannen Tune who gives traditional dishes a new spin. On the menu: lobster mac-n-cheese and an extensive burger selection from alligator to wild boar.
Need to get somewhere in a hurry? Request the hotel's chauffeured car service for destinations within a three-mile radius.
Bring your pooch to this pet-friendly hotel and receive some special amenities for Fido. Tip: A portion of the pet fee is donated to the SPCA.
Arrive at George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) which is approximately 17 miles from the hotel. Anticipate about 30 minutes of travel time.2525 West Loop South Freeway, Houston, Texas, United States
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Splash Pool
- 24-hour Gym
- Concierge Service
- Car Service
- Pet Friendly
- 24-hour Business Center
- Luxury Linens
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Banquette Seating
- Spacious Work Desks
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- Luxury Bath Amenities
- Stocked Mini Bars
- Bar + Lounge
- Coffee Shop
- In-room Dining
- Maximum occupancy is 2 adults + 2 children under 17
- Transportation within 3 miles
- Hotel Taxes included
Why We Love Houston
Bustling South Texas metropolis, dubbed The Bayou City, which offers a plethora of fine dining, museums (like the Museum of Modern Art), shopping and a variety of sports teams and special events.
3300 Smith St, Houston. 1-713-522-9711
Where to Drink: It's a craft beer enthusiast's heaven at The Hay Merchant where staff proudly serves 75 varieties of brews ranging from Pilsner to Old Ale in snifters. The unique libations are matched with the Southwestern-style pub food of which Spicy Pig Ears are a patron- favorite. Drinks for two: $15.
1100 Westheimer Road, Houston. 1-713-528-9805
Where to Shop: Head to the bustling Heights area for shopping and drop in at popular vintage store Wear It Again Sam. Shoppers browse through a well-organized stock of pre-1990 merchandize.
373 W 19th St Houston. 1-713-862-9327
Outdoor Excursion: Take a short one-hour drive South to the island community of Galveston. Spend the day at the beach—make sure to stop by the splendidly revived Galveston Island Pier—or tour the historic downtown district.
Why Go Now
April 4 - 13, 2014
WorldFest: Houston International Film Festival
Mix of feature films, shorts, screenplays, TV commercials, music videos and documentaries. Past prize winners have included Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Oliver Stone in their early careers.
The AMC Studio 30 at Dunvale, Houston.
April 26+27 and May 3+4, 2014
Houston International Festival
This year's annual food and culture festival highlights Australian culture.
City Hall: 901 Bagby St.
June 7, 2014
Caribbean Month Heritage Festival
Colorful celebration of Latin and Spanish Caribbean heritage, complete with fabulous native music, exuberant cultural dancing and delicious authentic foods.
Jones Plaza, Houston.