- SLS Hotel South Beach, Miami South Beach, Florida
- Sublime Samana, Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Cannes, Cannes, France
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands
- Cottage Grove Inn, Calistoga, Napa County, California
- Hesperia Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
1 of 14 | Next photo
Puerto Vallarta, MexicoEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Remarkable Spanish-style architecture with whimsical arches, setbacks and terracotta-shingled rooftops plus a prime beach location make Velas Vallarta a standout among resident resorts. Walking paths meander through the lavishly blooming gardens, which are dotted with several Koi ponds. The spacious rooms have sweeping views of the bay. Dark blue loungers line the sandy beach and for those not wanting to take a dip in the ocean, the resort offers three outdoor pools and a lazy river. Recreational options include an 18-hole championship golf course within walking distance; lit tennis courts, beach volleyball, and organized activities like morning Yoga on the jetty and scuba diving courses. Families are well catered to; the kids can frolic around their own pool or be entertained at the extensive children's club.
Need to ease some tension? Massage treatments can be booked at the spa or at one of the beachfront cabanas.
Among the three on-site eateries, Andrea Restaurant sets up for popular ethnic theme dinners nightly.
Arrive at Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR) which is approximately 2 miles from the resort. Anticipate about 5 minutes of travel time.Paseo de la Marina Norte 585, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Beach Access
- Three Outdoor Pools
- Spa on Property
- Golf Course
- Fitness Club
- Kids' Club
- Tennis Courts
- Separate Living Areas
- Dining Areas
- Fully Equipped Kitchens
- Air Conditioning
- En-Suite Bathrooms
- Stocked Mini Bars
- In-room Safes
- Two Restaurants
- Snack Bar
- Swim-up Bar
- Live Music
- Nightly Entertainment
- In-Suite Dining
- Rates are based on 2 people in the One Bedroom. Up to 1 additional adult or 2 additional children may share accommodation for a surcharge of $40 per night applies October - December 22 or $60 per night January 3 - April 20, 2014.
- Rates for Two Bedroom Suite is based on 4 adults + 2 children
- All meals and beverages, including alcohol
- Activities, entertainment and Kids Club
- Hotel Taxes and Service charges
Why We Love Puerto Vallarta
Boasting dreamy beaches, pristine waters and balmy temperatures, Puerto Vallarta is the perfect warm weather getaway reachable via direct flight from many US cities.
103 Pulpito, Playa de los Muertos, Puerto Vallarta.
Where to Drink: Sangria and tapas at sunset? Climb the stairs to hillside Barcelona Tapas Bar where you'll be rewarded with mesmerizing views across the roofs of Old Town Puerto Vallarta and the bay from the breezy outdoor terrace. Drinks for two about $10.
Matamoros, Puerto Vallarta.
Where to Shop: Take to the streets of Puerto Vallarta's Old Town for a round of shopping the galleries and eclectic boutiques on Olas Altas and Basilio Badillo. Check out Olinala Gallery and its display of fine indigenous Mexican crafts and folk art including a collection of museum-worthy masks.
Lázaro Cárdenas 274.
Outdoor Excursion: Go adventuring amid the green rainforest canopy of the Vallarta region while whizzing along Mexico's longest and swiftest zip line (about 4,000 feet) reaching speeds of up to 60 miles per hour. The Vallarta Adventures tour includes a walk along suspended walkways, hanging bridges and rappelling of elevated treetop platforms. Tours $110 per person.
Why Go Now
December through April
Whale Watching Season
View the migrating Humpback whales in Banderas Bay. The gentle giants can be seen breaching out of the water as parents instruct their baby calves in the ways of their watery world.
February 14, 2014
Día de la Amistad
Not just a day for love, but also for friendship. Special menus in upscale restaurants, and live music to dance in different Latin ambience nightclubs.
March 4, 2014
Puerto Vallarta puts on a party with masquerades and parades in the streets to celebrate the beginning of Lent.