- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 6 | Next photo
Xanadu Island Resort
Ambergris Caye, BelizeEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Xanadu Island Resort
Stylish domed Palapa-thatched suites in a peaceful yet central oceanfront location.
Just south of the Caye's main hub of San Pedro, familial Xanadu Island Resort is hidden away amid its proprietary bird sanctuary and embraced by vibrant tropical vegetation. Facing a beautiful stretch of beach, the centerpiece freshwater pool is surrounded by palm trees granting plenty of shade. The pool is raised to allow for stunning views of the Caribbean Sea while you laze in cushy blue-and-green striped sun loungers. Or take a plunge right into the crystal-clear ocean from the hotel's private jetty where tour and dive boats pick up guests. Xanadu does not operate an on-site restaurant, but the resort's 18 elegantly designed suites are equipped with fully decked out kitchens, living and dining areas and private furnished verandas. Need to stay active? The hotel offers free kayak and bike rentals, and guided excursions can be arranged through the on-site tour desk.
Stock up on fresh caught seafood and produce at the locally owned small shops and markets down the path.
Blocking big breakers, the barrier reef guarantees calm waters in front of the hotel for easy swimming and kayaking close to the beach.
Arrive at Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport (BZE) and connect to an inter island flight to John Grief Airport San Pedro (TZA). Flights depart hourly between 7am and 5pm and take about 15-20 minutes. Cost per person is about $64 each way.Sea Grape Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Beach Access
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pier
- Swimming Platform
- Bird Sanctuary
- Kayak Rentals
- Bike Rentals
- Beach Barbecue
- Full-service Tour Desk
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Furnished Verandas
- Fully equipped Kitchens
- Dining + Living Areas
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Flat-screen TVs
- iPod Docking Stations
- En-suite Bathrooms
- Luxury Bath Amenities
- In-room Safes
- Beach Barbecue available
- Restaurants nearby
- Max occupancy is 2 adults + 2 children under 12
- Round-trip transfers from local airport
- Welcome drink
- Complimentary use of bicycles and kayaks
- Taxes and Hotel Service Charge
Why We Love Ambergris Caye
Famous for its proximity to the spectacular Mesoamerican reef (the longest in the Western Hemisphere), Ambergris Caye is a mecca for snorkelers and scuba divers looking for crystalline waters, teeming sea life and stellar visibility.
Mata Chica, Northern Ambergris Caye.
Where to Drink: One of the Caye's hippest new watering holes is Rojo Beach Bar. The laid-back open-air lounge right on the beach is all set in crimson tones. It is a prime place to relax over a high-volume signature Shark Bite cocktail made with three types of rum, mango and pineapple juice. Drinks for two about $18.
North Beach, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye.
Where to Shop: Browse the country's largest arts, crafts and jewelry collection by native artists at Belizean Arts (inside Fido's Courtyard) for a special memento. Original paintings and prints by painters like Walter Castillo and Pen Cayetano portray the unbridled colors and rhythm of Belize.
Barrier Reef Drive, San Pedro.
Outdoor Excursion: Pair the fun of snorkeling with the serene experience of manatee watching. Half-day trips include visits to the manatee feeding spot and snorkeling at remote Swallow and Goff's Cayes as well as all a barbecue lunch on one of the Cayes. $90 per person.
San Pedro, Ambergris Caye.
Why Go Now
May 10 - 11, 2014
Go nuts: Celebrate Belize's most important crop with live music, participation in local games and activities, and the drinking of cashew wine.
Crooked Tree Village, Belize District.
June 14 - 22, 2014
San Pedro Lobster Fest
The weeklong festival involves Crustacean food specialties, drink, parties and dance.
Various locations around San Pedro.
June 16 - 21, 2014
Belize International Film Festival
Event promoting Belize as a location for promising international filmmakers.
Various locations around Belize City.