- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina, Manzanillo, Mexico
- Sivory Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, California
- Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Newport, Curaçao
- St. James's Club Resort & Villas, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Aqua Wellness Resort, Playa Le Redonda, Nicaragua
- The Pavilions Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- The Parrish Collection Kauai, Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve, Hidden Valley Reserve, Belize
- ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Florida
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa, Emerald Bay, Bahamas
- Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto, Rome, Italy
- Casa Bonita, Santa Cruz de Barahona, Dominican Republic
- Hacienda Encantada, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- The Lodge at Pico Bonito, La Ceiba, Honduras
- HarbourView Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
- Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, Dallas, Texas
1 of 13 | Next photo
Mahogany Hall Luxury Boutique Resort
San Ignacio, BelizeEnter your email address and zip code for pricing and availability
Why Stay At Mahogany Hall Luxury Boutique Resort
Intimate three-storey colonial-style auberge on the banks of Mopan River.
Cannot decide whether to stay at a fancy jungle lodge or an in-town resort? Chic Mahogany Hall walks the line between the two with its charming, away-from-it-all location by the Mopan River. The quaint hideaway features just eight rooms appointed with original native artwork and handcrafted furnishings. All rooms are decked out with polished hardwood floors, high ceilings and impressive four-poster beds covered with comfortable colorful quilts. Modern technology is available in the form of air conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi and cable TV. Laze in one of the hammocks fronting the river, take a dip in the luxe infinity pool or decompress with an in-room massage. On-site Rico's restaurant dishes up Caribbean fusion cuisine sourced from organic local produce on the al fresco veranda overlooking the water. Extend the balmy Caribbean night with a post-dinner libation at the bar that stays open until the last guest leaves.
Note that meals are served at set times. Dinner is scheduled at 5 p.m., but do not hesitate to ask staff about special arrangements for a private Tiki torch-lit supper by the river.
Borrow a large inner tube at the resort and leisurely float with the river current. Inquire with staff about the best watering holes to slake your thirst along the way.
Arrive at Philip S.W. Goldson International Airport (BZE) which is approximately 74 miles from the resort. Anticipate about 1 hour and 45 minutes of travel time.Paslowfalls Road, Bullet Tree Village, San Ignacio, Cayo District, Belize
Hotel FeaturesBack to Top Property Amenities
- Infinity Outdoor Pool
- River Access
- Inner Tubing
- Massage Treatments
- Personalized Tours
- Shared Veranda
- Air Conditioning
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Ceiling Fans
- Four-poster Beds
- Cable TV
- En-suite Bathrooms
- Complimentary Cell Phone Use
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining
- Max occupancy is 4
- Hotel taxes and service fees included in the nightly rates shown here
Why We Love San Ignacio
Belize visitors choose San Ignacio and the Cayo District second to only Ambergris Caye. The region was discovered three decades ago by travellers keen to experience the wild tropical forests; ogle awe-inspiring waterfalls and visit the numerous well-preserved pre-Columbian cultural sites.
5 Burns Ave., San Ignacio.
Where to Drink: Take a seat on the open-air patio of local favorite Fuego Bar & Grill. Quaff imaginative concoctions such as chocolate martinis and ice-cold beer with a refreshingly tart splash of cucumber juice and lime from salt-rimmed glasses to the tunes of live music. Reservations recommended. Drinks for two $15.
Cayo Welcome Center, San Ignacio.
Where to Shop: Take a drive to the village of San Antonio about 11 miles south of San Ignacio. The four Garcia sisters run the Tanah Art Museum and gift shop, where you can admire (and purchase) their intricate slate carvings depicting indigenous motifs. Cristo Rey Rd., San Antonio.
Outdoor Excursion: Hire a guide from Belize Magnificent Mayan Tours to undertake the somewhat strenuous hike to Actun Chechem Ha. The ancient burial site hidden in a mountain cave is worth the exertion as it houses the hugest collection of millennia-old pre-Columbian pottery anywhere in Belize. Tours appx. $75 per person.
#16.B.San Jose Succotz, San Ignacio.
Why Go Now
June 16 - 21, 2014
Belize International Film Festival
The event promotes Belize as a filming location for international filmmakers.
Multiple locations around Belize City.
September 21, 2014
Celebrate the 32nd anniversary of Belize's independence with parades, fetes and fireworks.
October 12, 2014
Columbus Day (Pan American Day)
Watch the spectacular regatta in Belize City or participate in the Hike & Bike in the Cayo District.
Multiple locations around Belize.